Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

FS crashes when go to menu

My FS keeps crashing whenever I try to access the menu bar. Going back from full screen to windowed mode doesn't help. Also, resizing any windows or moving any windows has the same effect. The error report just says error in unkonwn. Can anyone help?Misha

Please provide your computer specs, hardware and software. Driver versions for controller chips, sound, graphics adapter. Operating System, Win98/ME/XP. Amount of RAM, Hardrive size and free space remaining.

Athlon XP 1500, 1 GB RAMWindows 2000 Professional SP3GeForce 3 64 MB Nvidia Detonator Drivers 30.82 (all later ones create problems)Creative Sound Blaster Audigyone 20 GB SCSI harddrive with 5.6 GB free space one 40 GB harddrive with 11.17 GB free space (FS2002 is on the second one)Hope this information helps with finding a solution.Misha

Well, hopefully someone with Win2000 can help you. I don't have any experience with Win2000. I see quite a few posts with problems associated with Win2000. Have you tried updating the controller chips drivers, i.e., VIA, Intel, SiS, AMD, ALi.Since you have 1GB of RAM, try removing one stick to see if that changes anything. I have seen instability in several computers with RAM over 512MB.

Have you tried to reinstall DX9 again to ensure it did load properly. I recommend download the entire DX9 redistribution package vice updating from the web. dx90_redist.exe from Microsoft Download Website.