Sign in to follow this  

Anyone have this problem.... after 45 min FS shutsdown

that is an approximation.... but after 45 min I get an intteruption that asks if I want to send the failure to Microsoft and then shutsdown program. Running XP everything upgraded.... this has happened on two different setups and on different computers ( well almost.... I went from a 1.6 to a 2.4 reformatted everything yada yada yada ) I am using while in flight.... FDC, Activesky, Radarcontact. It might be the fault of one of these.... The one flight I did not using these did not crash. Any ThoughtsThanks in advance,Steve

Hi,I have to say that it happens to me a lot too...It seems the fault comes from fs2002dw(or something like that...)Which is a copy of the fs2002.cfg.But when i start it again i can finish my flight.But i'm not using any other stuff when flying.No idea why it does thatRichard

When an error is indicated by Windows, a program called Dr. Watson collect data from your fs2002.cfg file and makes a dxdiag.txt file from directx diagnostic for transmitting to Microsoft via the error reporting. The two files are labelled:fs2002dw.cfg and dxdiag.txt and along with other error information.If you get an error notification, you can hit the details line to see what was the apparent cause of the error. This informatin is important, in that, it provides a starting point for troubleshooting the problem.Your problem could be any number of things including a heat related problem of your graphics adapter or CPU. Most modern BIOS have a temperature/health page that monitors temperature. You might look to see if your BIOS has this page and see what the temperatures are reading. Above 55deg C is probably a warning sign for a CPU.Try to document the error information and post it the next time you get the error.

Thanks.... did not think in these terms.Appreciate the heads upSteve

Used to happen to me until I knocked down the CPU speed from 1.33 to 1.30 - instant cure!