Sign in to follow this  
strider

2 minor problems.

First let me say that I love the new 1.1. The PDCS works great and I'm looking forward to using the INS (as soon as I study up on how!! ;-) . I am having 2 small problems...one of which, I think, you'll tell me is the "nature of the MSFS beast". I should note here that I had V 1.0 and followed the instructions to upgrade to V 1.1, in case I may have done something wrong regarding the first, "Throttle trim", problem. The V 1.1 "throttle trim" is not working for me. If I understand correctly, I should be able to click the "+" or "-" clickspots, on the lower left of EPR gauge #1 (which I do see when I hover my cursor over them} and I should see a fine reduction or increase in my throttle? Nothing is happening for me. The second problem is restarting a flight that was saved while airborne. I can get everything to work fine except the cabin pressurization...as long as I remember to reset all those switches and systems that FS doesn't save!! ;( . No matter what I've tried (I always save in "paused" mode, BTW) the cabin pressurization always gives an "AUTO FAIL" indication and trips to "Stand-by". No amount of "button pushing" will correct it, so far. I realize, after many years of detailed addon aircraft, that MSFS is severly lacking in the systems it models, and thus "saves", with a saved airborne flight. This is a very minor annoyance but was wondering if I can do anything, when restarting a saved airborne flight, that might correct this? Does anybody know if FSX will be better at modeling these systems?? My most important concern is the "Throttle Trim", and what I may have done wrong? Thanks gang! Vic

Do you have the payware version of FSUIPC? I don't think the throttle trim will work with the freeware key alone. I designed it for my PFC throttles, and was pleasantly surprised when I discovered it also worked with my Thrustmaster Cougar and a Saitek Cyborg 3D stick as well. I'm still not sure it'll work with all types of joysticks, though.Regarding saving flights in progress, Ihave a lot more work to do to try and make it possible to save a flight and resume from inflight. I know it can be done, but it's going to be a lot of work to make that happen. Someday, perhaps, but no idea when.CheersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

>Do you have the payware version of FSUIPC? I don't think the>throttle trim will work with the freeware key alone. I>designed it for my PFC throttles, and was pleasantly surprised>when I discovered it also worked with my Thrustmaster Cougar>and a Saitek Cyborg 3D stick as well. I'm still not sure>it'll work with all types of joysticks, though. Yes, I am using the registered version of FSUIPC. Are you saying it (Throttle Trim) "must" be programed to a controller button? I thought the up/down clickspots would work by just clicking with the mouse or using the mouse wheel? I did try using the provided instructions to program 2 buttons on my MS Sidewinder stick using FSUIPC, but that didn't do anything either.>Regarding saving flights in progress, Ihave a lot more work to>do to try and make it possible to save a flight and resume>from inflight. I know it can be done, but it's going to be a>lot of work to make that happen. Someday, perhaps, but no>idea when. Actually, the only issue I have when restarting a flight is the cabin pressurization I mentioned. Everything else can be returned to the correct "switching", with only a short "unpause/pause" needed before the generators can be switched. I've gotten pretty good at "manually" fine tuning the throttles (I gently blow on the Sidewinders throttle lever LOL! ;-)), but would still like to get the trim working correctly. Thanks for any other ideas I can look at. I've thought about re-installing just the new V 1.1 w/ the models but...everything else in the v 1.1 is working as it should. This leads me to believe it's not an install issue? Vic

Guest speedbird591

The throttle trim works for me on my Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. I have programmed two buttons for throttle increase and throttle decrease using the assignments setting in FS (not FSUIPC, although I do have a registered version). I have set the buttons to 'not repeat'.When I am at my required speed, I click the + sign by the EPR gauge to set the throttles and then adjust in small increments up or down using the buttons. Like it says on the can. Works fine and makes flying a whole lot more relaxing (is that allowed??). Thanks for that little treat, Bob!Hope this helpsIan

I'm wondering if I wasn't having some "confliction"...the buttons I chose to use are assigned to "prop RPM" in FS9 and I left that alone after configuring them in FSUIPC. I may have to delete the FS9 assignments for the buttons to work with FSUIPC settings...or do it as you did, Ian. How much throttle increase/decrease do you get when you push your Logitech buttons? So, just to verify...the "+/-" clickspots, on the lower left corner of EPR #1 gauge, will NOT adjust the throttle trim? I could have sworn I read a post from someone here saying they had to spin their "wheel" (as in mouse wheel?) quickly (something about an AP problem and throttle trim)? Maybe they have a wheel on their controller and I misunderstood. Hopefully I'll be able to figure out how to use all this new CH stuff I've got laying around, soon. Trying to figure out how to program the yoke, pedals and throttle quadrant has been a hair pulling exercise in futility, so far! Vic

Guest speedbird591

Vic - the way I understand it (and what works for me) is that the + and - clickspots on the EPR gauge only turn on or off the throttle "lock" and incremental trim adjustment is by way of a button or key press. The throttle "lock" is also turned off (overridden) by moving the joystick throttle lever.The increments are somewhere in the region of .1 EPR or thereabouts. Not precise but much less sensitive than using the throttle control.Don't know anything about spinning wheels!Ian

Guest speedbird591

>The increments are somewhere in the region of .1 EPR or>thereabouts.Ooops! I meant .01 EPRIan

No, the clickspots, if held, will also increment/decrement the EPR setting. It works the same with a button or a clickspot...as soon as you press the button or click on the clickspot, the throttle lock is engaged, and continuing to hold the button or mouse button down will slowly slew the throttle setting up or down.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Bob, perhaps I'm not being patient enough when clicking the spots? (what...ME...impatient!?!?) ;-). If they adjust throttle trim in .01 EPR increments...it could take awhile to see any "movement"? Let me do some more "trials" and I'll get back to you guys. Thanks, as always, you mousers! (Please disregard the signature, below...It's a fine aircraft...but my "mouser" sig is still in the works!) Vic

Try clicking and holding the mouse button down rather than clicking a bunch of times.CheersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile