Sign in to follow this  
Guest RonB49

Throttle lock

Guest RonB49

I have only recently upgraded to version 1.1 and I'm having problems with the throttle lock and trim. When should it be engaged?I tried it first on the ground during take off roll with my throttle set manually to the PDCS-generated EPR. When I clicked the + clickspot, i got an audible message concerning speed too high, my engines spooled down, and the throttle was inop. The next time I tried it, I sat on the runway with the parking brake applied, spooled up to TO EPR, and then clicked + or - (I'm not sure which). Again my engine spooled down but I still had throttle control. At that point I could use the + and - to adjust the EPR but starting from the minumum setting took forever to spool up to TO EPR.While airborne, clicking + or - seems to have no effect at all. What am I doing wrong?I use the center lever on my CH Yoke USB to control both throttles and I'm using the Terry Gaff model. Thank you for any advice that you may offer and thanks again for this great panel.R-EDIT: Caws I cant spel. R-

Are you using the registered version of FSUIPC? If so, are you mapping the one lever to both throttles using FSUIPC? Are you using any of the other features in FSUIPC like filtering/smoothing?I've used it successfully with a PFC throttle quadrant, a Thrustmaster Cougar USB throttle, and a Saitek Cyborg3D USB joystick with throttle. But...on the USB controls I have FSUIPC set to map to 4 throttles in the joysticks tab of FSUIPC, with no filtering or throttle synch enabled.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Guest RonB49

Thanks for your reply Bob."Are you using the registered version of FSUIPC?" Yes."If so, are you mapping the one lever to both throttles using FSUIPC?"Yes."Are you using any of the other features in FSUIPC like filtering/smoothing?" No.But you have given me an idea; I recently moved the flaps funtion from a center-off switch on the yoke to a lever. Later today, I'll try programming those buttons for throttle trim. Thank you for the help.R-

Guest RonB49

It's still not working but I'm still trying stuff. R-

Are you using CH Control Manager? If so, I'd try disabling it and running without it...not sure how it and FSUIPC interact.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Guest RonB49

>Are you using CH Control Manager? If so, I'd try disabling>it and running without it...not sure how it and FSUIPC>interact.>>Regards>>Bob Scott>ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300>Santiago de ChileNo. In fact, FS9 does not even know about the Yoke and Pedals axes. The FS9.cfg file's Joystick sections contain only button definitions and FSUIPC handles all axes. This is a fairly new configuration for me and I did it after reading Pete Dowson's documentation on FSUIPC axis mangement.Here is where I stand now.I used FSUIPC button programming to map the throttle trim + and - to buttons 6 and 7 respectively. If I set the parking brake, spool up the engines, and press the trim + button (once); my engines go immediately to idle (EPR = 1.03). At that point I can use the trim + button to increase EPR all the way to TO power if I want to take the time.If I spool up and press trim - (once), it spools down and enables reverse thrust.In both cases, the throttle on the yoke and the F1 - F4 keys are inop.The next thing I will try do is find an old FS9.cfg file where all joystick axes are defined for FS9 and take throttle control away from FSUIPC. I'm open to any suggestions, Bob but don't lose sleep over this. I'll keep plugging along and who knows, perhaps I'll learn something. Thanks again.R-

With the pedestal window open, do the throttles come back to idle when the lock is engaged? Can you still move the throttles with the mouse once the lock is engaged?In my FS9 configs I always define the throttle axis through the FS menu. It might be that without the axis defined in FS the axis input value that's read and used as a starting point at the time of engagement is zeroed out. Try going into the FS control assignments menu and assign the throttle axis there.CheersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

Guest RonB49

>With the pedestal window open, do the throttles come back to>idle when the lock is engaged? Yes.>Can you still move the throttles with the mouse once the lock is >engaged?Yes and after I use the mouse to move either throttle, then the next time I move the yoke's throttle lever, both throttles sync with the lever and the lever regaims throttle control.>In my FS9 configs I always define the throttle axis through>the FS menu. It might be that without the axis defined in FS>the axis input value that's read and used as a starting point>at the time of engagement is zeroed out. Try going into the>FS control assignments menu and assign the throttle axis>there.I assigned all axis controls via the FS9 Options > Controls menus and removed all axis references from FSUIPC.ini. After restarting FS9, the results were the same:o press throttle trim + = throttles go to minimum.o press throttle trim - = throttles go to reverse thrust.At this point I'm fresh out of ideas and will continue enjoying TM II with manual throttle. I'm very pleased just having the PCDS and the EPR bugs working. Of course, if you have anything that you'd like me to try, just say the word. Thanks for all of your help.R-

Guest MikeE

Hey Ron!I had the same problem and finally figured out the solution, maybe it's the same for you: The Throttle mapping has to be to all 4 engines, not only the 1=>12 mapping. If you can't see options box in FSUIPC press "reset" on the first page of "Joystick calibration", do NOT press "set" to calibrate the throttle. If you want to calibrate the throttle using fsuipc use the throttle 1 calibration on page 3. Now the throttle lock should work as proposed.Hope that helps, MikeP.S.: Thanks a lot to Bob and the whole crew for that awesome aircraft!!!!

Guest RonB49

>Hey Ron!>I had the same problem and finally figured out the solution,>maybe it's the same for you: The Throttle mapping has to be to>all 4 engines, not only the 1=>12 mapping. If you can't see>options box in FSUIPC press "reset" on the first page of>"Joystick calibration", do NOT press "set" to calibrate the>throttle. If you want to calibrate the throttle using fsuipc>use the throttle 1 calibration on page 3. Now the throttle>lock should work as proposed.>>Hope that helps,>> Mike>>P.S.: Thanks a lot to Bob and the whole crew for that awesome>aircraft!!!!Hi Mike,That did the trick. And I don't think I ever would have figured that out on my own. Thanks for the tip.Sorry that it took so long for me to respond, I've been on vacation.R-