Sign in to follow this  
Melflight

Flaps

I've experienced the same problems with flaps (and to a lesser degree spoilers) since I installed the update. With flaps, when I use either my PFC console or the F6/F7 keys, the flaps start to move (both the flap guage and the surfaces themselves) and sound like they are moving, and the green panel light illuminates, but they get about half way to the next detent and then fall back into place again.If I open the throttle quadrant and move the flap lever on the pedestal, the flaps work correctly, as does the flap guage.My PFC quadrant and the keyboard command actually move the spoilers on the wings, but the spoiler light does not come on, and the spoiler handle on the pedestal window does not move.Everything works correctly on default aircraft. However, if I load a default aircraft after the B732 TM, the flaps won't work on the default airplane either. Meaning something is going on with the code (hydraulics?) I think.I've tried all of the above tricks, FSUIPC upgrade, deleting the PFC and FSUIPC .ini files, etc, etc. with no resolution. Have not had a similar problem in FS before, and so have run out of solutions, other than to try and re-install the previous 1.1 panel versions, which would be counterproductive.thankschris

Hi Chris; The V1.22 update was only a change to the .air file that affects yaw response...I'm going to assume this started with V1.21 rather than 1.22 To make flaps work with the PFC quadrant switch (which is what I use as well) you need to program the PFC switch to send the FSUIPC offset command...it works like any other button in FSUIPC. Open the Buttons tab in FSUIPC and check Aircraft Specific, then move the flap switch and the button ID info should automatically come up in the FSUIPC dialogue box. Program as per the instructions for offset x6D11, and now the PFC switch will control the flaps via the FSUIPC offset. For spoilers, the lever on the PFC quadrant you want to use for spoiler control needs to be set in the PFC dialogue box to control PROP1 rather than spoiler. I recommend you create an aircraft profile for the quadrant in the PFC dialogue and assign that to all the variations of the TinMouse II that you fly (each livery is considered a separate aircraft). Finally, make sure that in the FSUIPC axis pages that flaps and spoilers show "Axis Not Processed." If you see something else, it means you probably have one of your hardware levers mapped to the axis, which is interfering with the control logic. Let me know if you're still having problems after this.CheersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Guest lou ross

Have no problems with the issue except that evrytime I load up I have to re-enter the parameters in FSUIPC key presses- they aren't saved. Any ideas as to why?

Recommend trying the latest FSUIPC beta (3.709 I think) and if it's still not retaining the button assignments, you'll need to contact Pete Dowson on his support forum. There was an issue with button programming not being retained a while back as I recall...you are using 3.70 or later?CheersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Thanks much Bob. And thanks for not scolding me for not reading the documentation for the spoilers/flaps that came with the version updates...even though I deserved it.I was able to get the flaps logic to work perfectly via the offset sets in FSUIPC (previously un-charted territory for me...). Still working the spoiler issue. I used the mapping for prop pitch as indicated, my PFC spoiler lever will arm and raise the spoiler handle on the throttle pedestal perfectly, but the spoilers don't move appropriately on the external view. This obviously relates to the hydraulic/power issues you mentioned in the spoiler thread, as it would be appropriate that the handle would move without the control surfaces moving in the real bird if there was a hydraulic or electrical problem. I've probably got a conflict somewhere in the FSUIPC axis calibration and I'm still hunting for it.I can use the keyboard / command to raise the spoilers, and to arm the ground spoilers for landing, but I still notice that when the spoilers are raised in flight, I don't get the effect on the flight path that I would expect (rapid reduction in airspeed or increase in descent when I'm trying to meet a crossing restriction or similar). Is that a function of the model/air file?Thanks again for all of the support you provide on this great bird at such a reasonable price. :-) Just another reason that FS-X will remain on my hard drive but not get used much.... Chris

Chris; What are the spoilers doing in the external view? The flight spoilers (inboard 4 panels) should move once the handle is moved past arm, but they only open about 2/3 of their full travel at the flight limit detent. Ground spoilers will give full deflection on all six panels. As far as drag effects, most FS aircraft are modeled with overly effective spoilers/speedbrakes. Use of spoilers in the real aircraft does not result in a rapid reduction in airspeed...you should see an increased decel and/or descent rate, but nothing "rapid" or dramatic.Edit: You are programming the axis as Prop Pitch 1 in the PFC driver? In FSUIPC, in the joystick calibration tab, scroll through the pages until you see spoilers--should show "Axis not Processed" there.CheersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

>I can use the keyboard / command to raise the spoilers, and to>arm the ground spoilers for landing, but I still notice that>when the spoilers are raised in flight, I don't get the effect>on the flight path that I would expect (rapid reduction in>airspeed or increase in descent when I'm trying to meet a>crossing restriction or similar). Is that a function of the>model/air file?the Speed brake in the 737 family is very, very inefficient.the best way to have a rapid reduction in airspeed or descent faster, is extending landing gear.the structural limit is Mach .82 or 320kt for land gear extended. Max speed, gear extension 270kt/0.82.Max speed, gear retraction 235kt.just for elucidation.if you descend with 280kt, -2100fpm ~FL200, with speed brake @ flight-detent, you can keep a maximum of -2500fpm.the best way to slow down a 737 is extending landing gear.you can combine gear + speed brakeregards,

Gustavo Rodrigues - Brazil

Thanks again Bob. Finally got it working right, via the pfc.dll, as you indicated. I still get the "wings folded/wings extended" messages when I raise and lower the spoilers, respectively, which is a bit odd and I figure a limitation of the FS code. Also, the spoilers work fine in 2D panel mode, but not in spot (exterior) mode. Which is hard to explain, but not really a problem.Roger on all the info on the flight model and the fact that the flight spoilers are not tremendously effective on the 732.Chris

Chris; The wings folded message is an unavoidable side-effect of the fact that Terry Gaff used the wing fold animation tag to control the ground spoiler animations in his model. In retrospect, probably not the best way to go, but I'll take that little idiosyncrasy in stride considering the quality of the (free) model. I had the spoiler issue in spot view before, but the changes I made in V1.21 fixed that here. hmmm. You have the 1.21 patch installed?CheersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

Hello all.... I just installed the TM2 on the weekend and have problems with the flaps and spoilers as well.....I can't get the flaps to move down or up with the F6/F7 keys, or with my CH PRO Throttle button, which is mapped to the F6/F7 keys.All other aircraft work fine. When I try to lower the flaps, the flaps start to move, but they get about half way to the next detent stop, and then return to 0 flaps. If I open up the throttle quad, and move it, it works fine. Same thing goes with the spoilers. I can't deploy them with the / key or with my button assignment on my CH PRO throttle button. Again all other aircraft are fine, even the original TM2 panel works OK.I have FSUIPC 3.71 installed and checked to ensure that "Axis not processed" is displayed as mentioned above. The B732Adv.gau is dated Sat Oct 14, 2006 15:56:01. (Ver1.2)Things I've tried to fix problem.I removed the FSUIPC.dll from the modules folder, and the same problem occurs...I deleted all the panel windows except for window00, same problem.I then Restored my panel.cfg file and installed version 1.1 B732adv.gau dated Tues Aug 29, 2006 09:07:20 and now my flaps work ok using the F6/F7 keys and button on my USB CH Pro throttle. The spoiler now works as well, however I cannot arm them using the Shift+/ key. Arm does not work at verison 1.1When I install the b732.gau (which I used in FS2002) dated Monday Jan 31, 2005 05:23:00 all works ok. For now, I'll use this gauge....I'll do more testing tomorrow night..Any Ideas?

>I can't get the flaps to move down or up with the F6/F7 keys,>or with my CH PRO Throttle button, which is mapped to the>F6/F7 keys.Your flap buttons should instead be mapped to the FSUIPC offset according to the instructions in the readme. The F6/F7 botton compatibility is a compromise...the "A" answer is to map the buttons with FSUIPC to send the appropriate control parameter (2 or 3 for flaps) to offset x6D11.>All other aircraft work fine. When I try to lower the flaps,>the flaps start to move, but they get about half way to the>next detent stop, and then return to 0 flaps. If I open up>the throttle quad, and move it, it works fine. >Same thing goes with the spoilers. I can't deploy them with>the / key or with my button assignment on my CH PRO throttle>button. Again all other aircraft are fine, even the original>TM2 panel works OK.Same as for flaps...need to map that button to the FSUIPC offset. But that only works for arming/disarming them...button/key-based deployment of the spoilers isn't supported.>>I have FSUIPC 3.71 installed and checked to ensure that "Axis>not processed" is displayed as mentioned above. The>B732Adv.gau is dated Sat Oct 14, 2006 15:56:01. (Ver1.2)>>Things I've tried to fix problem.>I removed the FSUIPC.dll from the modules folder, and the same>problem occurs...Without FSUIPC this should always happen...the flap logic in the panel depends upon FSUIPC to work.>>I deleted all the panel windows except for window00, same>problem.I certainly wouldn't recommend that as a troubleshooting method.>I then Restored my panel.cfg file and installed version 1.1>B732adv.gau dated Tues Aug 29, 2006 09:07:20 and now my flaps>work ok using the F6/F7 keys and button on my USB CH Pro>throttle. The spoiler now works as well, however I cannot arm>them using the Shift+/ key. Arm does not work at verison 1.1Yes, the FSUIPC-based flap operation was new in V1.2, and was done to correct the system behavior from that experienced in 1.1 and previous.>When I install the b732.gau (which I used in FS2002) dated>Monday Jan 31, 2005 05:23:00 all works ok.No, that simply cannot be right. You lose the OHP and all the systems simulations, which was the whole point of continuing on with the TinMouse II.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

Bob, thanks for the response, but frankly you should have just responded with RTFM.I feel very "stupid" for asking a question like this when it clearly states" F6/F7 will not work properly. I've never played with "Offset Byte Set" before and didn't understand what was being said on that topic... I peaked in the manual this morning and will try this tonight..Again, thank you for the great support, and I'm very sorry for falling victim of not reading the manual and wasting your time...

Caught me again Bob...somehow I had missed 1.21...and of course now spoilers and flaps work correctly and I have the benefit of the LH TCAS built into the panel.Now I'm chasing down a problemm with the cabin stairs extending at unusual times (like on final approach)...as I stumble along.But getting there...Mahalo!Chris

Well, that's one I've never heard of before. The stairs are operated with E 2 or a right click on the fwd door light on the OHP.The only thing I can think of that would cause that is if you have somehow inadvertently mapped a joystick button or key to the E 2 sequence.CheersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile