Sign in to follow this  
CF104

CIVA INS expired???

Hi Alex,There is a work-around for the expired gauge. I assume you are getting Action Code 08-69. If so, just re-cycle your MSU switch to OFF and back to STBY to enter your ramp coordinates. This should clear the error.Cheers,JohnBoeing 727/737 & Lockheed C-130/L-100 Mechanichttp://www.sstsim.com/images/team/JR.jpgwww.SSTSIM.com

I just got a note from Marco Ravanello, one of the authors of the CIVA Delco INS. He says they're getting V1.50 ready for release, probably later this month. Until then, the MSU power-switch recycle as described by John above will enable you to work around the current expiration.CheersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Hm - I just tried that with my CIVA unit and while the MSU cycling gets you past the error codes, mine then sticks at API6 (even on accelerated alignment). Do you know if there's a workaround for this too?Thanks!;)

>Hm - I just tried that with my CIVA unit and while the MSU>cycling gets you past the error codes, mine then sticks at>API6 (even on accelerated alignment). Do you know if there's a>workaround for this too?>>Thanks!>;)What, if any, error codes did you have and did you clear them? Did you enter your current lat/long before turning off the MSU? Try turning the MSU off and then place it to standby..... then enter your position and align. I find if you don't re-enter yout current position after cycling the MSU it will hang at API6.Cheers,JohnBoeing 727/737 & Lockheed C-130/L-100 Mechanichttp://www.sstsim.com/images/team/JR.jpgwww.SSTSIM.com

Hi John - thanks! It was exactly that - I hadn't re-entered my position a second time. When I did, it worked normally.Thanks again.Martyn;)

Guest rennman

Why was this given a limited lifespan? These "work arounds" are not acceptable to me..Im not going to have a red warn light come on every time for no reason and then I say..."oh everything is just fine!"...and whos to say that all of my planes will accept the new version like they did the old one...what is the purpose of having it all of a sudden not work for no reason..when for years it was fine! Shouldnt the forums be flooding with confused angry CIVA INS users!

Guest Cmte. Souza

Just a little question for you, Rennman: How much have you paid for the CIVA INS? Cheers,Thiago Souza

Guest rennman

the better question is...why has your defense not included any rationalization or explanation ? ;-)

Guest Cmte. Souza

Well..a simple explanation my friend: First of all, you got your INS for free. Second, the INS is for sure very difficult and requires a lot of hard work to do. The developers spent a lot of their times to bring us a add-on with great realism and complexity(for free I repeat). Soon the 1.50 version will be available. My opinion is that you should at least be more prudent with your agressive words, which does not contribute in any form with the flight simulation. Another quite simple point: in fact, there are few real 737-200s fitted with INS. Many of them only have conventional navigation systems (NDB and VOR). So, if you are unsatisfied and nervous with the expiration of the INS data, just unninstal the unit and be happy without it, at least till the 1.50 version release!Cheers,Thiago Souza

Guest rennman

so because it has no cost is why it was made to fail?is the reason that you are unable to provide a good reason for this is because there isnt any?

Guest rennman

i dont wish a war with you...in fact i am appreciative or your attempt to justify this latest issue..but so far you have not ...if you mean that because its a free gauge i cant copmplain too harshly..that i agree with...i WILL voice my opinions presented here to civa directly believe me if their support site re-opens!..and do to human nature i expect probably even harsher resistance!...but ..you should ask yourself why you took this defensive position without the sufficient ammo to back it up...(with respect of course.)thanks again for responding

Guest Thales Coelho

Hi everyone...Well, I don`t use CIVA, but I`m a FS add-on developer and can say:If you don`t like or have problems with an freeware add-on, you can do only 3 things:1- Stop using it, easy, no?2- Help the developer to solve the problems3- Do your own add-on, better than the otherRennman, when you create something just for fun and others start to criticize your job, you will understand.So, if you are not happy with CIVA INS, create your own Inercial sistem to Flight Simulator...CheersThales Coelho-----------------------------------Texturas Brasileiras Texture Grouphttp://www.aerovirtual.org/texturasbrasileiras

Guest rennman

i like choice #2...but alas ..you can see by this very thread how we humans dont take critcism well!