Sign in to follow this  
CF104

CIVA INS expired???

Guest buda

>Just a little question for you, Rennman: How much have you>paid for the CIVA INS? >>Cheers,>Thiago SouzaThis was exactly the question i had to myself. And this was the only reason why i did not start to complain about the current situation. THis plane is still one of the best in my hangar - even if i own almost all the paywares.But - the described workaround did not help me and i can still not get the CIVA running. Is there maybe another idea?Keep going and ignore the negative comments. There is no reason to complain (this is my opinion).Daniel

The CIVA INS v1.50 is nearing release. A compatible version of the TinMouse II gauges has already been compiled and is ready to release when v1.50 hits the streets. When that will happen is up to Marco and company.As to why there's a programmed expiration on the CIVA INS, I don't know, but that was a conscious decision made by the team that developed it, well within their rights to do, and I have to respect it.Bottom line: nobody is entitled to any sort of explanation for the design decisions made by the CIVA team, especially not here in this forum.Bob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

>i dont wish a war with you...in fact i am appreciative or>your attempt to justify this latest issue..but so far you have>not ...if you mean that because its a free gauge i cant>copmplain too harshlyBecause it's free...a gift to you, in fact...you shouldn't complain at all.>..that i agree with...i WILL voice my>opinions presented here to civa directly believe me if their>support site re-opens!And until then this is not the place.>..and do to human nature i expect>probably even harsher resistance!What you should expect is a justifiably dismayed look of puzzlement as to why someone would thank them for this gift with these sorts of ungrateful "opinions." What makes you think a support forum is put there for this purpose?>...but ..you should ask>yourself why you took this defensive position without the>sufficient ammo to back it up...(with respect of>course.)Because his Mom taught him manners, I suspect. If you're invited to someone's house for dinner, and they serve you something you don't like, it's simply not polite to look at the hosts and tell them "this dish tastes awful." The point is not that you did it respectfully, the point is that you did it at all. A mannered person wouldn't let on...in fact some of us would even eat what we had taken just to avoid insulting the host.Hopefully the parallels aren't escaping you here.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

> the described workaround did not help me and i can still>not get the CIVA running. Is there maybe another idea?You can always set the clock on the PC back to a date before 1 Jan 07.But turning the INS to ALIGN, then off, then back to STBY followed by entering the PPOS and pressing forward works OK here.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

Guest rennman

not only do we have the right to challenge ANY type of illogic..no matter how it shows its face....we have the obligation too!

>not only do we have the right to challenge ANY type of>illogic..no matter how it shows its face....we have the>obligation too!rennman,As a payware developer I'm not going to get into a discusion with you why the FREEWARE gauge has an expiry on it. One thing I will ask though. Is it that hard to turn the MSU from OFF -> Standby -> OFF -> Standby to get it to work in the short time until Ver 1.50 is released? If you follow that work-around, you will not get any warning lights other than the usual ones during startup and alignment.I also side with Bob in that your manners are rude and unacceptable in regards to this. Marco is working hard to give YOU a FREE Ver 1.50 INS and the least you could do is accept the very easy work around until it's released and learn some manners.Cheers,JohnBoeing 727/737 & Lockheed C-130/L-100 Mechanichttp://www.sstsim.com/images/team/JR.jpgwww.SSTSIM.com

Guest rennman

when i first purchased your product(concorde) i was in love with it...and i still am!....but i immediately voiced my objection about not incorporating your OWN ins gauge...(and of course I was quickly admonished for doing so!)i predicted that being dependent on an external gauge could lead to some problems...and..here we are!as far as the turning it on and off, that's just not for me..ill explain1. if it used to work just fine ...then there is no reason why it shouldn't now2.real pilots dont do this everytime they do a "puddlejump"..and the satisfaction that i get from flightsim comes from how closely i can them mimic them.(from my desktop of course!)3.red warn lights do not mean everything is fine...allow me to elaborate i tried the turning it on and off and the alignment went perfectly ..then i did a flight from Kennedy to Heathrow...when i reached Newfoundland...the red warn light came on and the ins stopped working.in conclusion let me say this...if i am being rude let me sincerely apologize...as a psychologist i should know that would be counterproductive..and is not the way to do things..i will endeavor to keep this discussion civil..no matter how harshly i am dissagreed with.. my "heated" attitude comes from the frustration of not being able to fly the sst right now...and even more so...the wide acceptance of the needless...the best way to quiet me down is to show me why this expiration is needed..which so far no one can.all of my points are facts..if i am proven wrong..i will say "thank you!..I needed that!"If you can't then you need to ask yourself why you tried to in the firstplace! once again (for the sst)...thank you for a incredibly top end add onover and out!

>when i first purchased your product(concorde) i was in love>with it...and i still am!....but i immediately voiced my>objection about not incorporating your OWN ins gauge...(and of>course I was quickly admonished for doing so!)i predicted that>being dependent on an external gauge could lead to some>problems...and..here we are!Without pandering to your rant I will say that the SimuFly INS gauge is near perfect so why re-invent the wheel! You are in the severe minority in your views on our choice. There is also a well know TCAS/IVSI freeware developer out there that many products use but I don't hear the same complaints. This is the last I will address your concerns about our product on someone elses forum. If you still have problems with our choices please post them at www.sstsim.com>as far as the turning it on and off, that's just not for>me..ill explain>1. if it used to work just fine ...then there is no reason why>it shouldn't now.Boy, you do need to relax. It works fine with a very minor work-around. You're making it sound like it's the end of the world. The reason SimuFly decided to put an expiry on their FREE gauge was their choice and we have given you a very easy fix until a new FREE gauge arrives shortly. I would suggest that ranting any more over this is useless as nothing is going to be done with the expiry of Ver 1.40 with Ver 1.50 so close. Please consider Ver 1.50 the fix for your woes and go flying.>2.real pilots dont do this everytime they do a>"puddlejump"..and the satisfaction that i get from flightsim>comes from how closely i can them mimic them.(from my desktop>of course!)That one is just being very picky considering a resolution to the problem exists and a new FREE gauge is around the corner. BTW, real world pilots have work arounds as well if something doesn't work just right. It's called experience and using an abnormal check list. Even in the real world systems are not perfect and have to be re-cycled.>3.red warn lights do not mean everything is fine...allow me to>elaborate> i tried the turning it on and off and the alignment went>perfectly ..then i did a flight from Kennedy to>Heathrow...when i reached Newfoundland...the red warn light>came on and the ins stopped working.>Sounds like your warning light was an INS overheat. Did you check for an error code or just assume that the gauge expiration was at fault? Did you delete the related *.isd file after your fault? There is an abnormal checklist for the INS as well. The INS is programed for random faults so this is probably what you had as the gauge expiry problem only affects the first INS turned on and once cleared is no longer in the failure cue.Cheers,JohnBoeing 727/737 & Lockheed C-130/L-100 Mechanichttp://www.sstsim.com/images/team/JR.jpgwww.SSTSIM.com

>not only do we have the right to challenge ANY type of illogic..no >matter how it shows its face....we have the obligation too!For the record, you have no rights here whatsoever. You have the revocable privelege to participate in discussions related to support of the TinMouse II.Your opinions on the CIVA are outside the scope of this forum. Knock it off.Bob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

Guest spark

seems that my version of CIVA expired on 1st jan 2007is a new version out there?alex