Sign in to follow this  
Guest sandro becker

cws

It sounds to me that your pitch axis is not returning to a center (0) value when you release the yoke. Make sure your center null zones are large enough that minor deviations in the mechanical center of the yoke/stick position do not send a nonzero value to FS.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Guest sandro becker

i noticed that antique version was great cws behavior. today i instaled the new version. after aceleration altitude i engaged ail and elev. but the atitude did not fixed. i tried to imput a new pitch but the atitude went downa and return. not stable.i have a precision 2 microsoft. i am doing something wrong? before was amazing. just put any atitude and the a/p hold it.regardssandro becker

Sorry Adalberto...I accidentally deleted your post in this thread when I was answering it.Bob Scott

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Guest adpereira

It's ok. But I'm still in doubt. Let me try to remember what my questions were...:I'm not quite sure how to trim properly the a/c, let's say that I set stab trim for t/o at 4-5 (green area, otherwise the a/c won't rotate at Vr), after positive climb, if i'm at about 1000-2000 fpm and want to accelerate to clean maneuvering and continue climb I try to reduce pitch manually and help with trimming, at this point if I want to engage the AP elev and ail I notice that trim goes to near 0 (and of course the a/c starts sinking). I've also noticed that when AP is engaged trim stays about this values (near 0), so if i want to increase pitch i made inputs on the yoke until i get the desired attitude.My questions were: in the AP who controls pitch... is it the stab trim, is it the cws? both? and how can i made a smooth transition from t/o config to clean climb with AP without jerking down the a/c because of trim auto-adjusting (Perhaps I'm missing something... :(... or maybe AP is only for cruising -which does not sound reasonable to me-).Fix Control Acceleration is enabled on my fully registered version of FSUIPC.Thanks again.

Go into the FSUIPC "Miscellaneous" tab, and make sure that the "Centre elevator on AP Alt Change" and "Discon elev trim axis for AP" options are not checked.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

Guest sandro becker

>Go into the FSUIPC "Miscellaneous" tab, and make sure that>the "Centre elevator on AP Alt Change" and "Discon elev trim>axis for AP" options are not checked.>>Regards>>Bob Scott>ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V>Santiago de Chile>Bob,I really apreciate this work since this project begun. I talked a lot with Omykron about improves and how we could help. Gustavo

Thanks for the nice comments.The pitch mode coded into the TinMouse "before" was based on a constant vertical speed model, which actually was easy to use but incorrect. The Sperry 77 CWS pitch mode sets a pitch angle. With a fixed pitch, vertical speed will vary with airspeed, so constant small adjustments are required when accelerating/decelerating to maintain a steady climb/descent rate. This is correct behavior, albeit not as convenient or easy to use as what was implemented before.CheersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

Bob, this was fixed in february 2005.// 2005-Feb-02 (R.Probst) CWS pitch now holds actual degress instead of vertical speedI still have the old source file

Gustavo Rodrigues - Brazil

Guest sandro becker

>Thanks for the nice comments.>>The pitch mode coded into the TinMouse "before" was based on a>constant vertical speed model, which actually was easy to use>but incorrect. The Sperry 77 CWS pitch mode sets a pitch>angle. With a fixed pitch, vertical speed will vary with>airspeed, so constant small adjustments are required when>accelerating/decelerating to maintain a steady climb/descent>rate. This is correct behavior, albeit not as convenient or>easy to use as what was implemented before.>>Cheers>>Bob Scott>ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V>Santiago de ChileYou are the men BOB,I know that before was based in vertical speed. But if u remember and i know u do, it was amazing. FS or fsuipc dont give pitch info? If does, i think it could be better, just like vertical speed, it could stop in the pitch we camanded.Thanks a lot.

Guest ssmith

While on the subject of cws, has anyone else had the problem of the aircraft snapping to level flight when leveling off after a turn. It only happens when the a/p is on and I get close to centering. I don't mind so much but the passengers are starting to complain about the spilled drinks. Any help to fix this very small problem would be great.Scott Smith

With the A/P on, the Sperry-77 levels the wings when the yoke is centered and there is less than 5 deg of bank. To keep the wing leveler from kicking in when rolling out of a turn, don't release/center the yoke until the wings are at or very near level. And be aware that you have to have at least 6 deg or more of bank established for the CWS to hold the bank angle when the yoke is centered.CheersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

Guest ssmith

Bob,Thanks for the quick answer. I'll give it a try. Scott

Guest sandro becker

>With the A/P on, the Sperry-77 levels the wings when the yoke>is centered and there is less than 5 deg of bank. To keep the>wing leveler from kicking in when rolling out of a turn, don't>release/center the yoke until the wings are at or very near>level. And be aware that you have to have at least 6 deg or>more of bank established for the CWS to hold the bank angle>when the yoke is centered.>>Cheers>>Bob Scott>ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V>Santiago de ChileBob,The roll is perfect as the manual. Please, check the pitch and see if u can improove it.Regards.