Sign in to follow this  
deltafan

Autobrake & Flaps

I've got a problem with the flaps, they will only extend to 30 degrees, they won't go to 40. Why?Also, I've noticed that the autobrake strengths seem too weak. Is it just me or does the 732s autobrake really only produce the amount of stopping force simulated in the TM2 737?

The TinMouse II panel implements the -200ADV model's automatic flap overspeed protection...if you are over placard speed with flaps 40, they will automatically retract to 30, or fail to extend beyond 30 if being extended. To get them back out once they've retracted, you have to raise the flap handle to 30, then back to 40.When I did the testing on the autobrake, it was pretty close to tech data numbers for stopping distance. Are you making sure the ground spoilers are deployed? Not having the spoilers out will increase stopping distance.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

When I land, I have spoilers armed, they deploy, and half the time, the autobrake INOP light comes on as soon as I touch down and I have to manually brake. I also use thrust reversers.

The autobrake inop light comes on as soon as manual brakes are applied after landing. Are you using a button, pedals, etc for the toe brakes that could be getting activated inadvertently? If it's an axis, and you have a noisy pot that's throwing small but nonzero values, that'd do it. If that's the case you need a larger null zone at the end of the axis travel (can be done in FSUIPC).RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Guest sandro becker

>The autobrake inop light comes on as soon as manual brakes>are applied after landing. Are you using a button, pedals,>etc for the toe brakes that could be getting activated>inadvertently? If it's an axis, and you have a noisy pot>that's throwing small but nonzero values, that'd do it. If>that's the case you need a larger null zone at the end of the>axis travel (can be done in FSUIPC).>>Regards>>Bob Scott>ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V>Santiago de ChileI have the same issue with auto brake inop after land. I have to arm auto spoiler?please help.Regards

The inop light comes on as soon as the autobrake system sees any input on the brake axis, whether that be from a pedal or other hardware axis, or from a button or key that activated the wheel brakes. It is a normal indication after the AB system has been disengaged due to manual braking.Auto spoilers are not related to autobraking.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

Guest sandro becker

>The inop light comes on as soon as the autobrake system sees>any input on the brake axis, whether that be from a pedal or>other hardware axis, or from a button or key that activated>the wheel brakes. It is a normal indication after the AB>system has been disengaged due to manual braking.>>Auto spoilers are not related to autobraking.>>Regards>>Bob Scott>ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V>Santiago de ChileBob,I have Level D and Pmdg inslaled and dont have any issue like this. I made your sugestion growing the dead zone range and nothing. If i had any brake imput,it coul afected 767 or 737 too.Regards

What kind of control input are you using for brakes?Bob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

Guest sandro becker

>What kind of control input are you using for brakes?>>Bob Scott>ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V>Santiago de ChileSidewinder precision 2

>>What kind of control input are you using for brakes?>>>>Sidewinder precision 2So you're using a button on the joystick for braking? How is that button assigned...in FS control assignments, mapped keystroke via driver, via FSUIPC button assignments, or other??If you have the registered version of FSUIPC, you might try using the FSUIPC buttons+keys tab and map your joystick button to the "." key, with repeat turned on.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

Guest sandro becker

>>>What kind of control input are you using for brakes?>>>>>>>Sidewinder precision 2>>So you're using a button on the joystick for braking? How is>that button assigned...in FS control assignments, mapped>keystroke via driver, via FSUIPC button assignments, or>other??>>If you have the registered version of FSUIPC, you might try>using the FSUIPC buttons+keys tab and map your joystick button>to the "." key, with repeat turned on.>>Regards>>Bob Scott>ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V>Santiago de ChileBob,I really apreciate your effort to resolve my problem. I use defaut config via fs9. I dont understand why leveld dont have that problem.First i will try to remove fsuipc ini and let it default. then i will try to asigne a key via fsuipc or via fs9.Regads

Guest sandro becker

>>>What kind of control input are you using for brakes?>>>>>>>Sidewinder precision 2>>So you're using a button on the joystick for braking? How is>that button assigned...in FS control assignments, mapped>keystroke via driver, via FSUIPC button assignments, or>other??>>If you have the registered version of FSUIPC, you might try>using the FSUIPC buttons+keys tab and map your joystick button>to the "." key, with repeat turned on.>>Regards>>Bob Scott>ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V>Santiago de ChileBob,I made a flight test today and wnen touch down, the auto brake disarm when the nose gear touch. Until i maintain the nose gear in the air, nothing rapen.

>I made a flight test today and wnen touch down, the auto brake>disarm when the nose gear touch. Until i maintain the nose>gear in the air, nothing rapen.>The autobrakes are constrained from application until the nosewheel comes down. So it sounds like something is causing the AB to be deactivated as soon as they are applied. Normally that's the application of manual brakes, or the aircraft slowing to below the AB min speed.What version of FSUIPC are you using? The FSUIPC function used to detect application of manual brakes is relatively recent, and could be a problem if you have an older version. I am also not sure if that function works with the unregistered version of FSUIPC...are you using the registered FSUIPC or the freeware one?RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

Guest sandro becker

>>I made a flight test today and wnen touch down, the auto>brake>>disarm when the nose gear touch. Until i maintain the nose>>gear in the air, nothing rapen.>>>>The autobrakes are constrained from application until the>nosewheel comes down. So it sounds like something is causing>the AB to be deactivated as soon as they are applied. >Normally that's the application of manual brakes, or the>aircraft slowing to below the AB min speed.>>What version of FSUIPC are you using? The FSUIPC function>used to detect application of manual brakes is relatively>recent, and could be a problem if you have an older version. >I am also not sure if that function works with the>unregistered version of FSUIPC...are you using the registered>FSUIPC or the freeware one?>>Regards>>Bob Scott>ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V>Santiago de ChileRegistered version. I remade all instalation again bu didnt have time to test. I will take off fsuipc.ini and let it default to see what hapend.Regards,