Sign in to follow this  
pedwards

Nice review on AVSIM

Hello again Bob,http://www.avsim.com/pages/0407/737/737.htmI've just read the review on AVSIM. A nice review but there was on comment that struck me as incorrect. "One inaccuracy that I have noticed, which many people fail at, is accurate thrust reversers. Thrust reversers fully deploy when engaged, not gradually as more reverse thrust is commanded" I'm 99% sure that the clam shell reverser type only has 2 positions, stowed and open. I was going to post in the Comments on the reviews section, but thought I'd confirm my thoughts first.Kind regardsPaul Edwards

Paul Edwards

What I think he was trying to say was that we got that right, where many don't.In general I thought it a decent review...I was maybe just a little disappointed that the support provided for the TinMouse II wasn't mentioned.CheersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

"One inaccuracy that I have noticed, which many people fail at, is accurate thrust reversers. Thrust reversers fully deploy when engaged, not gradually as more reverse thrust is commanded"hmmm.... I think he may want to say:"When reverse thrust is applied, the thrust is fully reverted, as soon as Reverse Clam Shell are deployed."Man, I really wanted that, in FS, this would be an option. The reverse system simulated by MS good simulated in the modern Turbo-fan engine.Not only the TM B732 get stuck in this, but a lot of jet planes with clam shell (like fokker-70/100).blame microsoft for that.

Gustavo Rodrigues - Brazil

Guest avolcek

Hey guys,First i should have mentioned the top notch support via this forum. This review was actually my sample review for the staff reviewer application. The TinMouse has not gotten it's fair share of publicity that it deserves, so I hope this will help.After a little study session, and with by far the help of the Boeing 737 page, old 100/200 had the "clamshell" thrust reverser much like the 727 http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0818942/L/, but this was changed because they were not effective enough and also caused the brakes to be less effective because they reduced the weight on the wheels. They were changed to the "target type", which you see on the mighty TinMouse.The model that comes with the airplane by Terry Gaff shows the TRs deploying gradually, according to the thrust levers. The Eric Cantu model shows the TRs fully deploying as soon as you cross the detent into reverse. The Cantu model is the correct application of TR. It is simply the animation sequence used. You just have to have the TRs move to it's deployed position at a small percentage of reverse on the levers, like 5-10% or less. Instead of fully deployed when it hits 100% reverse thrust.Props to the entire team though, because the deploying of TR is wrong on many models, probably because the people don't full understand how they work. And for me to have to get down that low to mention the wrong animation shows how good the model really is.Adam Christopher VolcekAVSIM Staff Revieweravolcek@avsim.com

I never saw it because I generally don't use partial reverse thrust, I guess. Or I was using the Cantu model. And what sorta pilot watches the T/Rs while he's landing, anyway? ;)Anyway, appreciate the review, Adam. But with over 18000 downloads, it's not exactly an orphan among add-ons!CheersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case