Sign in to follow this  

Hows the FSD Seneca V ???????

I tried to use the search function but anything further back from 2 weeks ago is archived and I time out whenever I try to "search archived threads".Soooo...Hows the visual model?VC?FM?etc..??You know, the usual :)Thanks to all who respond! Shane

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Visual Model: ExcellentVC: ExcellentFM: it's by Steve Small. What more can I say?You can't go wrong with this, or any FSD aircraft for that matter, in my view. They're all well-made, well-supported and inexpensive too! The nightlighting in the Cheyenne is something to behold...The Commander and Cheyenne will be upgraded to GMAX in the near future; the Seneca is GMAX already.

Gidday Shane,I would love to post some pics but I am sure as eggs going to transgress some of the myriad of rules that pervades this place :-)I think the Seneca is the most complex GA twin aircraft out there for MSFS. In fact it probably is more accurate or a faithful reproduction than many of the larger regionals and heavys that are out there that purport to be faithful to the original.The FM is pure Steve Small and he has excelled himself. Other than using the 2D view to change freqs, alt, hdg etc, I pretty well only use the VC for flight. It really is that good.From memory the response to the Seneca was overwhelmingly positive and in the true tradition of FSD I am sure that support will always be there.Go get it...Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern Australia

I hear that! I own the Cheyenne already and it is a GREAT aircraft. In fact it is the first payware aircraft I ever bought :)The main reason I am asking is because I currently own the Flight1 C421 and love it! I don't think you can EVER have enough good twins.I buy so much payware now it is uncanny :-lolI will be buying the GMAX Commander when FSD releases it (see my birthday thread, lol) and am also interested in the DF Cardinal and the FSD Seneca (duh, LOL).I am kind of torn between what I want to do in FS. I like the DF Cardinal and all of its features (GPS, great vc, text-o-matic, etc..) but it is kind of "slow" (comparitively speaking). The FSD Seneca gives me more speed and range but lacks the "special GPS", text-o-matic, etc...People rave about the DF Cardinal but I don't here much about the FSD Seneca V. From what I have read about the 2 models the Seneca V doesn't seem as in-depth avionics wise which is probably why I don't hear as much about it, not to mention the FLight1 C421 is out there as well which I'm sure takes a little "wind out of the sails" so to speak.It is just a really tough decision, especially since I'm trying to time this purchase with the release of the GMAX FSD Commander of which there is no release date as of yet, lol.I swear I post more "requests" for help concerning my purchases then anyone in Avsim history! :-lol Thanks and keep the opinions coming please! :)Shane

Ark

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Hey Chris!Hmmm, I didn't know the Seneca V from FSD was that in-depth, maybe I didn't read enough about the product. As I stated above, I do love the Flight1 C421 and I believe that is one of the reasons I am drawn to the Seneca. I have always liked twins........and multi-engine aircraft ain't bad either :-lolMaybe if possible you could post a few pics for me in the screenshot forum if it doesn't intrude on your time :)Thanks!!!Shane

Ark

HiI really like the plane. I was also in the balance between the 421 and Seneca, what made me decided was a post from from FSD talking about the avionics and their price policy. Personally I think that in FSD, flight1 or Dream fleet products the quality is always good so it's difficult to decide. What I like most is the model. It has a very detailed model and very good paintings specially the 32 bit Marcelo Alves ones. Jos

Shane - I also fly the Seneca V a lot and think that it is a great plane. Check out the many screenshots at the FSD site www.fsd-international.com under Recent Releases - Seneca. Steve J.

Shane said...">Maybe if possible you could post a few pics for me in the >screenshot forum if it doesn't intrude on your time :) >>Thanks!!!"Hi Shane,I'll post some decent sized pics that will do the Seneca justice over at the FSD support forum. I really can't be bothered with all the restrictions placed on posters over at the Screen Shots forum here...See ya there,Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern Australia

Thanks! I really appreciate it!!!!:)Shane

Ark

Guest aca_dia

I have been flying a RW Seneca V off and on and I think FSD did a fantastic job creating one for MSFS. Its the only aircraft I use to practice approaches(ok I still use the Cheyenne too!).

Shane, Three words...Poetry in Motion.I like this plane so much that I no longer fly anything else. I even went so far as to build a cockpit around this magnificent plane, including reproducing all the switchology in the Seneca in my panel. As far as the Avionics...I personally like flying by VOR's and NDB's. I have a good friend that has added an after market GPS to his Seneca and he loves it that way. I used to fly the Cheyenne all the time and thought nothing could pry me out of it but then the Seneca came along and my Cheyenne was put in the hanger and is collecting dust. It may be a bit slower but it is a highly capable little twin. Enough talking about her I think I have to go fly her again....See Ya in the Skies...Ken

Thank you for all the feedback everyone, it is very much appreciated!!!Hmmmmmmmm....I think it is time to go buy me a new twin!!!!! :):-outtaThanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)Shane

Ark

Hi, this is going to make you even more sure about buying the Seneca V : I have logged 50+ hours in the real one. After the big disappointement from PSS' one, I can tell you that this one is really 99% accurate to the real one, especially concerning flight dynamics and performance it's really amazing and it's maybe the first time that I find an FS GA to fly as a real one should !Regards,Andr

>Hi, this is going to make you even more sure about buying >the Seneca V : >>I have logged 50+ hours in the real one. After the big >disappointement from PSS' one, I can tell you that this one >is really 99% accurate to the real one, especially >concerning flight dynamics and performance it's really >amazing and it's maybe the first time that I find an FS GA >to fly as a real one should ! >>Regards, >>>Andr

Ark