Sign in to follow this  
Bob Scott

CIVA INS 1.50 compatibility

Thanks Bob,For the speedy response - let me say, after only using the mouse for a couple of weeks now, I consider this to be one of the best (free or pay)ware addons for FS.Thanks for sharing it with us and taking the time to update/patch and answer our questions.Now to figure out how to navigate with the INS, standby by for further questions!Scott

Boeing777_Banner_pilot.jpg

Scott Stephens

Ok did the tutorial flight from Bos to Mia and for some reason was 1 mile or so East of track the whole way down. Also what config should the FDC and AP panels be in - I had them orange the whole way down? The other problem I found was if I tuned in the VOR in NAV1 the acft decided to track to that no matter if NAV and INS NAV were selected (Walked away and found it flying circles around a VOR!).posted this in the Simulfly forums Question on Alignment B737-200 TinmouseToday at 3:44am Quote Modify Remove Hi Guys,Just starting to use the INS so sorry if this has been asked - I tried a search.I think I have done the alignment properly - using Shift-Z and waiting until the nav is ok, but when I am flying the acft appears to be tracking about 1/2 a mile off the track and misses waypoints and navaids by that amount - it turns ok and obtains new tracks but is just paralleling the planned track.What have I done wrong?ScottP.S. great addon for MSFS Back to top

Scott Stephens

Make sure you have entered your present position correctly. An entry error will remain with you the entire flight.Also, the CIVA simulates precessional drift, so it will not be perfectly accurate, and the error increases with flight time. In the real world, we used 2.5 nm/hr as the max acceptable drift rate for one of these IRUs.CheersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Yes I tried it again and I think it was down to my poor alignment/position entry.How should the FDC/AP be setup to fly? Should the FDC be on HDG or VOR and should the AP be on MAN and VOR with the HDG switch on?ThanksScott

Scott Stephens

>Yes I tried it again and I think it was down to my poor>alignment/position entry.>>How should the FDC/AP be setup to fly? Should the FDC be on>HDG or VOR and should the AP be on MAN and VOR with the HDG>switch on?>>Thanks>Scott Hey Scott, glad you have the INS working. Keep in mind that as Bob stated, the accuracy will deteriorate with time and the INS will require position updating during flight (see the CIVA documentation). It is a bit different in all 3 aircraft I have that have the INS in them but, for the Tinmouse, the AP is in MAN, with HDG on ( remember the TM2 HDG switch has 2 "ON" positions, either one works for the INS...see the AUTOFLIGHT2.pdf). To "connect" the INS to the AP you click on "NAV" on the "RAD/NAV" and now you VOR track and heading indicators will reflect the present leg of you INS flightplan. The Flight Director doesn't enter into it as it only gives the pilot visual indications of what he SHOULD fly to maintain course and altitude...it is NOT an AP. Hope that helps, Scott. Vic

Thanks Vic,I will have a go when I get back from work.Should the AP indicator be green or orange?Autoflight.pdf? will have to see if I can find that.Scott

Scott Stephens

The AP indicator is another factor you will not look at when flying with the INS. The CIVA unit sends a heading to the AP so none of the orange or green lights will matter (except the "HDG"...and "ALT", when you are in ALT hold) as these are only used for VOR,ILS and Glideslope indication. Orange means you have that mode selected...but you have not CAPTURED the navaid. Green means that mode is selected AND IN USE because you have captured that navaid. You will see this on approaches as you select VOR/LOC to intercept the ILS and then AUTO/APPR to capture the glideslope. All of this is explained in the AUTOFLIGHT2.pdf which came with the Tinmouse2 download. I believe it can be found in X:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9AircraftB737-200_TM2? I won't swear to that as I move all my aircraft's documentation to a seperate folder. Either way, it came with the TM2 zip. Also I mispoke earlier...the INS does NOT change the track indication on the TM2 VOR1 gauge...only the heading arrow is moved. The track indication is still showing your VHS VOR station and course. No problem at all, Scott, and feel free to ask anything else. I have the CIVA in the TM2, a dual head unit in the Dreamfleet 727 and a triple head unit in the CaptainSim 707. Vic