Sign in to follow this  
jchpa32

Autopilot Suddenly Inop

All of the sudden, I am having A/P problems. Most of the time it just refuses to engage at all, the paddles will not move though I get a hand cursor over them, then sometimes the elevator paddle will move but the aileron paddle will not. The mode switch, HDG SEL, nor the ALT HOLD switches will stay engaged either. I have reinstalled the panel from V1.1 up to the latest, and have replaced FSUIPC and FSSound DLL's just to make sure those weren't corrupted, still the same problem. All elsre on the panel works. Anyone else have this issue? Any ideas on what could be causing this? Any help would be appreciated, I love the Mouse and don't want to give it up.Chris

Chris, I've had this problem and it usually involves noise from your yoke/joystick controller as the autopilot won't engage if it sees the parameters for elevators/ailerons looking like they are deflected. I have an AFCS fairly high end yoke and the way I corrected the problem was to build in a wider null zone using FSUIPC. Once I did that, both paddles engage properly and CWS and other functions work fine. Before, the "noise" was convincing the autopilot that I was trying to disengage it by moving the control surfaces.regards,

Mr. Conklin:Thank you so much for your quick reply. I made some changes to my sensitivity settings, and all is well. I appreciate the help.Chris