Sign in to follow this  

Loss of Some Key Functions....

Following the installation of the sample Scenery USA (Boston) several keyboard inputs are non-responsive. Among those I've noticed thus far are: Shift+Z (frame rates, etc), Shift+Enter/Backspace (seat up/down), and the 'W' key. I uninstalled, reinstalled, and uninstalled the scenery but the functions did not return.I don't know how to resolve the problem; can any help?-GeorgeM at 5B6

Guest Captain Barfbag

So THAT's what did it! I noticed a few, in particular the frame rate display, but I wasn't sure how it happened.Options-Controls-Assignments (forgive me if I get a detail wrong, I'm at my work desk) will get you to the screen where you can re-assign the missing keys. There's an option to restore defaults, but that will also get rid of any custom settings you might have like joystick or yoke buttons. From what I've seen, the assignments were just dropped, not re-assigned, so it's pretty straightforward.

You know, I have also been suspicious that something is disabling my keys. Last month I gave Bill Lyons #@%& that his Swift did not respond to the right brake (F12) command. To be certain the problem was not with the key itself I swapped out my keyboard...no difference. I then learned that the problem was not just with the Swift but with EVERY plane (I simply had not been in the habit of using F12 so I never noticed before). I am now going through the laborious process of trying to determine whether the problem is programmatic and if so..what program.

Captain: Thanks for your reply. I think that I went temporarily brain dead trying to resolve this one...In any case, I restored the defaults and went on from there.Thanks again-GeorgeM