Sign in to follow this  
ShezA

DREADFUL SCENERY PROBLEM!PLEASE LOOK

Guest Ice

See, this extends to the Germany, Belgium and France areas..Can anyone help me?!Clear skies, Happy landings!!!

Guest mikehaska

If you have installed any scenery, temporarily disable it. It almost looks like it has raised the level of the ground...

Told you to stay away from those red pills :-lolKil~

HiThat problem looks very similar to that of when you use the Active Camera!When in external view, it duplicates exactly that what you've just shown in your pic.Are you using Active camera though??

This is usually to do with duplicate scenery installed in either the FS2002scenery directory or in the scenedb directory, while you have also installed it somewhere else. The effect is usuualy to do with the flatten and exclude entries in the scenery.cfg file but it may just be the overwriting of the scenery twice. Check for duplicate scenery first via the Windows search function.CheersShez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

I've seen the same happening from time to time.Restarting FS cures it, I think it's some part of DirectX hanging somewhere causing memory not to be cleared properly.

Guest RobA

I've seen this as well a few times and the same cure worked for me.Rob

Guest Ice

I've reinstalled fs2002 over and over and the problem persists..i'm almost sure that this is a duplicate scenery problem but i would like to know how to solve it..i tried the search function but nothing came up..still open to suggestions though..and yes i'm using active camera.do you think it has anything to do with this??Clear skies, Happy landings!!!

Guest Kurt

-"..and yes i'm using active camera.do you think it has anything to do with this??"-Reread the Active Camera Pro .txt file.-"Depending on the MSFS tiles the refresh is not well done and at times there may be some undesired effects with the External Pilot View (probably due to a FS limitation). You can view in the upper half of the hemisphere but if you try to look in the bottom half it creates a strange cut pattern effect. Since we know the problem please do not send us e-mails relative to this "bug"."-Turn off the External Pilot View while flying and see if it clears up.Kurt M

Guest Ice

i've tried that also..i'm afraid its got nothing to do with ACClear skies, Happy landings!!!

Click the 'Search' function in Windows. Search for "*.bgl". Go through any addon scenery and see if there no two of those bgls.Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"