Sign in to follow this  
Guest jas

Flap-problems

Guest jas

Hi folks !I'm lovin to fly this wonderful bird since I found her just a few weeks ago!One problem has come up though, regarding the flaps.When I use F6 and F7 or the assigned buttons on my joystick to extendor retract flaps it doesn't work... The flap will start moving and thengo back to where it was before I pressed the button...The same goes for F5 and F8.The only way to handle flaps is to use the lever in the "thottle and flaps"-window.I'm using the free version FSUIPC.dll 3.7.5.0Regards,A.J.

I think flaps only work if engine generators turned ON, on overhead panel. They off by default.

I have the same problem and its not related to the engine generators. It's terribly frustrating, as the click and drag on the flap handle rarely ever results in the flaps doing exactly what you wanted them to do. Can one of the devs comment on what might cause this?-Lee Barber

This is normal for the TM2. It's due to the panel using FSUIPC parameters. You need a payware version of FSUIPC to assign the flap up/down detent to your joystick.You can also just click on the flap indicator -/+ (you know the little hand that comes up?) instead of bringing up the throttle.It works just as well.....

>I have the same problem and its not related to the engine>generators. It's terribly frustrating, as the click and drag>on the flap handle rarely ever results in the flaps doing>exactly what you wanted them to do. You should check that both engine's hydraulic pumps are on. I own the Wilco/Feelthere 737 and it wont operate flaps unless they are both on. They're pretty much centre-right in the overhead panel

Dean Stringer

Guest everton_cwb

So, if I dont have a registered copy of FSUIPC, I can

No....You can also just click on the flap indicator -/+ (you know the little hand that comes up?) instead of bringing up the throttle.....

Guest everton_cwb

altstiff,the "little hand" doesn

Put your cursor over the flaps indicator (on the right side of the panel).You should see the little "hand" pop up in place of your cursor. The hand will have a + or a - sign on it meaning flaps up or down.