Sign in to follow this  
Guest boeing7372

All system fail during flight

Guest boeing7372

Hi,I'm new with the tinmouse 737-200 and I have a problem.When I'm about 10 minutes in the air the autopilot disenages and some other systems in the cockpit stop working. The altimeter, vor, fdi, gps and radio don't work anymore but the airspeed indicator does work. The engines also keep working.This happens suddenly during every flight I've made with the tinmouse 737. I suspect it has something to do with how I start up the aircraft. I couldn't find a manual or tutorial on howto do this. I try to do it like I do it on a PMDG 737NG. I found a good tutorial for that on youtube. Does somebody know what the problem is and how to solve it?Thanks,Marty

Hi Marty!Sounds strange indeed. Excluding all external factors (FSUIPC or something lake that) from the equasion, have you checked that you're actually running on both engine generators, not on APU gen? I would assume that the APU stops working at a certain altitude, thus causing your loss of power. But that's nothing more than an idea that pops into my mind ;-)Regards,Holger

it is nice advice for your problem. be sure you have done engine startup checklist as correct.according me, it seems you forget STANDBY PWR but there are no APU or GND PWR connection, probably you are continue your flight just only BATTERY on STANDBY PWR and after 10 minutes Batteries discharging. (by FSUIPC battery live settings)

Guest boeing7372

Thanks for your comments!I'm sure I've activated the generators for both engines after I've started them. The APU is disabled. I always check the voltages of the generators and they are higher than 0. So that should be OK.I'm not sure what FSUIPC is but that I'm pretty sure it's one of the dll files I had to put in de modules dir of FS before I could use the tinmouse plane. Anyway ever since I did that I get an error with something on FSUIPC when I start FS. I will quote the exact error tomorrow because I'm on another pc now.Maybe this has something to do with it?Thanks,Marty

Marty:what you describe seems to be the FS 'dead battery bug'.load your flight with a default FS aircraft (the cessna 172 is great for this). location doesn't matter. set up your flight as you would normally: location, weather, time, and date -- just don't load the 'mouse.after FS loads shut down the cessna's engines and confirm the batts and avionics are in the ON position. allow FS to 'settle' for about 30 seconds. THEN load the 'mouse.the above in a common issue for, and the rocommeded way to load addon aircraft for many many many many developers.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Guest boeing7372

Thanks for your response.It looks that is the problem. I've loaded the plane the way you said and the problem hasn't occurred again. I always loaded the the cesna before the boeing and turned avionics and battery's off so I would start in a dark cockpit. But I guess this way is safer.Thanks,Marty