Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

Real World Mice

All, One other question - if it's not too much trouble... In the Real World - for example let's say Aloha Airlines - how would these planes have been configured ??? I saw some pix with a bunch of 737-200 on the ground after they shutdown... Kinda sad... Would they still have most of the gauges presented in the Tin Mouse panel ??? Would they use a CIVA for navigation ??? Would they have been updated with GPS ??? Any other major differences ??? Just curious...Thanks again,Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

I have quite a few world air routes videos featuring the 737-200. Almost of the airlines use a GPS or a Marconi FMS for navigation (none so far with a moving map however, that I have seen). All use good old fashion VOR and radials for back up.And the gauges are the same as the TM2 (except with TCAS, which we can/have added to the TM2 as well)The coolest DVD's for the 200 is the Canadian North one. A must have for TM2 fans. They actually use a astro compass to get a bearing when flying WAY up north!

The Tinmouse II as released has a 1970's-era panel that wouldn't be used today, due to the lack of gauges needed for RVSM regulations. Here's a recent shot of an Aloha 732:http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1251598/LAnd a 732 of Star Peru:http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1203140/LI think that very few 737's would have had the CIVA in real life, given the cost of the unit at the time. I've added Lee Hetherington's free TCAS to my Mouse panel, and am thinking seriously of buying the ISG add-on FMS package, which would be pretty similar to the Star Peru setup above.John G.

John G.

Thanks for the responses...So an FMC or GPS would be more realistic for operations today...What kind of GPS would they use ? Somethink like the Apollo unit by Reality XP ???One more question comes to mind - what updates the FMC position information ???Have a good weekend...Regards,Scott

Hi John, Thanks - I've never used an FMC before - but - I might try this one...Regards,Scott