Sign in to follow this  
Guest cloudflyer

Pressurization fail

Guest cloudflyer

Can someone supply instructions for operation of the pressurization system? Unless I leave the APU running I always get failure.Michael

After engine start....Make sure bleed air is on for 1&2 and packs are on for 1&2. Isolation valve is on auto.

Michael,pressuriation is connected with bleed air from engines also generators DC sources.when engine startup and stabilized on engines indicators;(packs are OFF)GEN1--ONGEN2--ONELECTRIC SOURCE--GEN1or GEN2APU BLEED AIR--OFENG1 BLEED AIR--ONENG2 BLEED AIR--ONPACK1-- AUTOPACK2-- AUTOCABIN PRESSURE--FLTVALVE--AUTO (this is very important)you have to set correct cruise level with cabin altitude on this panel. If you may not read cabin rate placard on the panel.Here you are;FL18-->0.3FL19-->0.3FL20-->0.8FL21-->1.4FL22-->1.9FL23-->2.4FL24-->2.9FL25-->3.4FL26-->3.9FL27-->4.4FL28-->4.9FL29-->5.3FL30-->5.8FL31-->6.2FL32-->6.6FL33-->7.1FL34-->7.5FL35-->7.9don't forget to set landing altitude and everytime set +300 or +500ft of landing altitude.you don't neet to set level altitude while cimb or descend unless change higher cruise level than recent level.(example you are flying at FL290 long time-planned level on your flightplan and all set this level- but you need to climb FL330 whhile you climb to FL330 you have to set cabin altitude again)you have to check how is the work this system;http://www.b737.org.uk/pressurisation.htm

In the TM2 we have no option for packs to be auto like we do with the guppy or NG birds.They are either on or off....

AFAIK, there is no thing as Air Conditioning Packs AUTO for any B732.this is a feature from the 733 and after.732 ON/OFF only

Gustavo Rodrigues - Brazil

you are right, this is my mistake.Correct information as below;http://www.b737.org.uk/airconditioning.htmyou can see B737-100/200 packs switchs.so, proccess can be basicly;PACKS-->OFF while engine startsENG1 BLEED-->OFFENG2 BLEED-->OFFAPU BLEED-->ONafter started enginesGEN1--ONGEN2--ONELECTRIC SOURCE--GEN1or GEN2APU BLEED AIR--OFFENG1 BLEED AIR--ONENG2 BLEED AIR--ONPACK1-- ONPACK2-- ON

>Michael,pressuriation is connected with bleed air from>engines also generators DC sources.>>when engine startup and stabilized on engines indicators;>(packs are OFF)>>GEN1--ON>GEN2--ON>ELECTRIC SOURCE--GEN1or GEN2>APU BLEED AIR--OF>ENG1 BLEED AIR--ON>ENG2 BLEED AIR--ON>PACK1-- AUTO>PACK2-- AUTO>>CABIN PRESSURE--FLT>VALVE--AUTO (this is very important)>>you have to set correct cruise level with cabin altitude on>this panel. If you may not read cabin rate placard on the>panel.Here you are;>>FL18-->0.3>FL19-->0.3>FL20-->0.8>FL21-->1.4>FL22-->1.9>FL23-->2.4>FL24-->2.9>FL25-->3.4>FL26-->3.9>FL27-->4.4>FL28-->4.9>FL29-->5.3>FL30-->5.8>FL31-->6.2>FL32-->6.6>FL33-->7.1>FL34-->7.5>FL35-->7.9>>don't forget to set landing altitude and everytime set +300 or>+500ft of landing altitude.>>you don't neet to set level altitude while cimb or descend>unless change higher cruise level than recent level.(example>you are flying at FL290 long time-planned level on your>flightplan and all set this level- but you need to climb FL330>whhile you climb to FL330 you have to set cabin altitude>again)>>you have to check how is the work this system;>http://www.b737.org.uk/pressurisation.htm>>>>never had to do this.Set Cabin alt 200ft bellow landing altitude.pressurization in auto mode controls cabin alt vs Delta_P

>never had to do this.>>Set Cabin alt 200ft bellow landing altitude.>pressurization in auto mode controls cabin alt vs Delta_PGustavo, what is that you never had to do?landing altitude set can be change on depends.I'm sure there is a special procedures for landing altitude over 10000ft.

>Gustavo, what is that you never had to do?>this:>CABIN PRESSURE--FLT>VALVE--AUTO (this is very important)>>you have to set correct cruise level with cabin altitude on>this panel. If you may not read cabin rate placard on the>panel.Here you are;I just Set Land Alt and Cab Alt is set 100-200 ft bellow (as real one).If I'm going to land @ SBSV (SSA Field elevation is 60ft), i should be able to set Land ALT for 60ft and CAB ALT to -140ft (Land Alt - 200ft).>landing altitude set can be change on depends.I'm sure there>is a special procedures for landing altitude over 10000ft.You just use the pressure placard for the STBY control. regardless...In fact, if you don't insert nothing, the aircraft should be able to pressurize and control alt by itself.But, I don't have any document from VASP about high field operations, but above 8000ft I am pretty sure there is a special procedure.