Sign in to follow this  
aspen31

Pressurization Alarm Horn De-activation

I've recently started to learn the great 737-200 and panel. I've read quite a few posts about problems involving the pressurization alarm horn. My specific issue is that I am unable to de-activate this horn by pressing either of the cut out buttons. Neither appears to be functional. I believe I have all the updates installed to 1.24.Advice appreciated.Great aircraft and panel.ThanksWarren

I only had warning horn problems when the spoilers were out due to the FSUIPC parameters I was using (it gave me fits getting it right as well as using a button for flaps and so on)Also. If you properly pressurize the plane you won't hear any horn.Do you need instructions? I'm not being sarcastic I'm just trying to understand your problem.

Hi I have mostly figured everything out. I'm still finding a few peculiarities but that may be because I don't use a registered copy of FSUIPC.Overall a nice realistic aircraft.ThanksWarren

Warren, APU off? If the APU is not shut down, this may cause this problem, I believe. The APU should always be shut down once engines are started and they are supplying electrical and pneumatics (PACs).

HiI haven't flown the airplane for a few days but I believe I was allowing the APU to run. I'll try shutting it down and work from there.ThanksWarren

A little bit I remembered, also. I seem to recall that if it IS the APU still running, the warning horn sounds whenever you increase throttles past a certain point...whether you're just taxiing or starting your take-off run. Let us know if that helps...if not we can dig a bit deeper. Vic

Hi VicI flew the airplane for one circuit but screwed up the pressurization and could not silence the alarm. I'll try it again later. Any opinions on the merits of registering FSUIPC. From what I have read many facets of this 737 improve. Just wondering what others may be doing. I'm not really a payware guy but might make an exception for this particular utility.ThanksWarren

If you use a complex array of USB devices (such as a couple of jotsticks and so on) it is great for managing them (even more so with the TM2). You can program it to do an array of things with your input devices.Not to mention things like the way it improves weather (less abrupt wind changes and so on).Look through the readme of your non registered version to see what it can do. It's a must have utility in my opinion.