Sign in to follow this  
aspen31

Takeoff Configuration Alarm

Hi all Would anyone care to summarize the takeoff configuration requirements in order to avoid the alarm horn. I have been working with the airplane for several weeks but have managed only a few takeoffs without the horn sounding. At least I believe it is this horn. I have PDCS set, V speed / flap setting set, flaps appropriate, RTO selected, yaw damper on and (probably) the air conditioning /pressurization set correctly; both bleeds on, isolation valve set to auto, packs on pressurization set to flight and "auto"; hydraulics and generators selected on. In addition I have found that after landing with parking brake set the doors will not open correctly -- the main door begins to open but then closes and the cargo door will not open. At the beginning of a flight (prior to takeoff) everything functions properly. I have most versions installed (but use the Kittyhawk)as well as all the updates. I have been using the freeware version of FSUIPC.Help, advice or counselling appreciated. I have thoroughly read through the FAQs and most entries in the forum.ThanksWarren

Guest peterd

See post below re Pressurisation alarm

Hi againAPU is selected off and trim is set correctly as far as I can determine. I have however been able to make a horn free takeoff with the APU on as well but normally I have it selected off. I started the previous post and did gain some info which was helpful -- unfortunately the horn alarm is still there.ThanksWarren

Warren, are you sure to flaps are open as you have set.Can you follow them as visual on flap position indicator?a little possibilty; can it causing by unregistered FSUIPC?Everything seems OK by your set.APU is not important you can shutdown after takeoff until FL100.

Hi againI set the flaps carefully to align with the selected V speed / flap settings obtained from the airspeed indicator information. I just completed a flight where I carefully reviewed and set everything including takeoff trim, RTO, PDCS etc and the horn still sounded. Actually the airplane flies quite well with or without the horn so I assume my pre takeoff setups are at least close. I may do the unspeakable and delete the horn wave file from the panel sound just so I can enjoy the airplane for a bit.ThanksWarren

Warren, which airport do you use? is it happend in every airports or it is only happend in specific airport?And when start FS first start default Cessna 172 and then select again TMII. it does work for fixing unexpected problems.

Hi I always start with the default C172 and the alarm has both sounded and not sounded at the same airport (TJBQ). In addition when it does sound, which is most of the time (but not all) I am unable to silence it with either button, on the throttle quadrant or pressurization panel.ThanksWarren

Avoiding TO Alarm:Set take-off flaps within take-off rangeSpoilers DownTake-off TRIM inside green bandTake-off Config Alarm kicks in if EPR >= 1.40 andTake-off Flaps is not setSpoilers are UPTake-off TRIM outside green bandDon't missunderstand the TAKE-OFF CONFIG WARNING with the Pressurization Alarm.For avoiding Pressurization kick-out (AUTO FAIL), set:AUTO Flight Altitude (ft)Landing Altitude (ft)STBY Cabin Altitude (Landing altitude -200ft (can be left at the same of land alt)).set in FLT mode and AUTOMake sure that your AC PACKS are on ON position.The system will reset the Landing altitude for the TAKE-OFF altitude if is necessary to return for the take-off airfield if the aircraft is at or below 18000ft/FL180.Above that, you must reset the Cruise altitude and land altitude.Pressurization Alarm kicks in passing FL120 and can be shut-off until passing FL180. above FL180, the horn will not be silenced until the cabin altitude is at or below 12000ft.have a nice ride.

Gustavo Rodrigues - Brazil

GustavoThank you very much. I'm sure I have missed something but it appears everything is set as you have described. I'll go through everything again and see what I can find.Thanks and all the best!Warren

I've just found the problem arm the spoilers! Chapter 8.1 page 22 in the AOM.- Either condition lever is set to below the maximum take-off setting.- Either spoiler is not fully retracted- The spoiler control switch is set to OFF- The elevator trim position is not within the take-off range- The parking brake is not released.- A take-off flap setting has not been selected or achieved- The gust lock control handle is not in the disengaged positionPete.

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

I've just found the problem arm the spoilers! Chapter 8.1 page 22 in the AOM.- Either condition lever is set to below the maximum take-off setting.- Either spoiler is not fully retracted- The spoiler control switch is set to OFF
there is nothing saying to arm the spoilers. this is an Airbus feature for the A320 and after.

Gustavo Rodrigues - Brazil