Sign in to follow this  
Guest GiZBUG

Yawing like crazy in FS2K2! Help

Guest GiZBUG

I have a Saitek X36 joystick setup, USB.I use to use Ron Hunts drivers, but got tired of having to use hazard script every time I wanted to fly a flight sim, so I'm back to saiteks drivers. Seems like every time I fly FS2k2, my plane yaw's like crazy. Its like the rudder has irregular movements. I've tried calibrating under FSUIPC, but I never get a "O" reading when I leave the rudder centered.Any ideas how to fix this? It's very annoying and dampens the flight simming experience.

If you haven't tried already:Try adjusting the null zone for the rudders both in fsuipc and in the fs2k2 menu. Also try adjusting the sensitivity. Note that whenever you adjust anything in the fs2k2 menu, you need to re-calibrate everything within FSUIPC.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Guest GiZBUG

So I should be using FSUIPC for calibrating my joystick?Right now, I know that some axis when centered, do not read 0 like I would expect them to.

Yes you should. It is ok in FSUIPC for the centered value not to be exactly zero. I think mine is a little off. Just play around with the null zone to get it to work.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

In FSUIPC, there is under the joystick or general tab an option to remove noise from each axis. Have you tried this?Also, if you dont touch the stick and your reading the axis inputs in FSUIPC, are they randomly jumping?

Guest GiZBUG

Seems to work better now.What should the null zone be set at for each axis? Low or High?