Sign in to follow this  
byork

PMDG 747 Status

22 July 2006Gentlemen,I get a lot of emails asking about the PMDG 747 Edition of FS2Crew and its status, so I've decided to open a new sub-forum.FS2Crew has been in business now for almost two years; each successive FS2Crew product is constantly improved and refined with an aim toward enhancing the users experience while at the same time keeping the learning curve as low as possible without sacrificing realism.FS2Crew 747 is light years ahead of our first release, the PMDG 737 Edition, which was released in 2004.FS2Crew does everything on an ad-hoc basis because each high-end, 3rd party aircraft like the PMDG 747 or LVLD 767 is so different and unique and complex (and programmed differently) that's it's the only way to get the job done properly in our view. Each individual aircraft requires its own unique approach so that the unique characteristics of each aircraft can be properly addressed. This is why we custom build each version from scratch.If you have any questions about the PMDG 747, this is the place to ask them.Below are some initial FAQs:1. When will it be ready?- Of course exact dates cannot be given, but it's progressing very well.2. Will it work in FSX?- When PMDG releases an FSX compatibility fix for the 747, FS2Crew 747 will be ported over as well.3. Any new features?- Biggest thing is a brand new interface system (yet another one!) It's more visual this time. Joystick/keyboard buttons are still primarily used. The upshot of this is that FS2Crew 747 is very easy to learn. In fact, one person who has an early alpha was able to make a flight without even reading the manual first.The word he used to describe the new interface system was "elegant."- There are also improvements all around. A big one is that the ACARS Loadsheet and Pre-Dep clearance is not generic. You will be able to fill in fields so the simulated paperwork looks specific to your actual flight with respect to routings, ZFW's etc. 4. What airline are the SOPs modelled on?- The airline asked that we not use their name. All I can say is the airline is from an English speaking country. 5. There is no PMDG 747 SDK, so how are you able to interface with the PMDG 747?- The PMDG 747 is essentially a simulation within a simulation. Hardly any of the aircraft is accessible via FSUIPC offsets or the MS Panels and Gauges SDK. This means I had to get creative.So mini-panels are used and the FO makes simulated mouse clicks to be able to interface with aircraft. In the absence of an SDK, it's the only way to get the FO to interface with the aircraft. There is simply no other way of doing it. As it stands, the FO can complete all his action flows just as he would in real-life. -Bryan York

Guest Ryan Briggs

Cant wait for the Beta Version Bryan, it sounds like this next product from you is gonna be the Queen of FS2crew products if you know what i mean :-jumpy

Guest 102301636

sounds good bryan, keep up the hard work and thanks for the new sub-forum.

Guest jeffg

Can't wait for the new edition for the series. JeffG

Guest xaxa9

Awesome, glad to know you are making progress. Can't wait the beta. Meanwhile, I am enjoying the levelD version...

Guest Loiosh

I'll be one of the many people happy to purchase this. =)

Guest xaxa9

We'll all like it. Besides Aircrafts and sceneries that I buy a lot. Fs2crew is one of the only FS9 utilities that I spend my money on (when I am not beta testing the product of course. FS2crew, activesky and radar contact as well as traffic and navigation softs are now compulsery to have an enjoyable FS experience. I feel so alone in the cokpit of some of my other favs aircrafts but now that the LevelD, ATR and PMDG747 are covered... I really don't need anything more... So Bryan is actually going to make me buy planes for his future versions of FS2crew. (how about one for a small plane such as an Ambraer). Speaking of beta testing, it's an amazing experience with the fs2crew product because it makes you try out everything the product has to offer and learn it faster than if you had just bought it(no need for rush). It was especially great with the ATR version (had a go from Brussels to London with it today). Anyways, just wanted to drop a line as I was checking for te Queen's status.Take your time Bryan and if you need help for anything, you know you can ask.xavier

Guest xaxa9

>All right everyone, you wanted bird strikes... you got bird>strikes!>>BryanConfirmed lol ....

Hello,the screenshots look very cool, I'm very intrested in FS2Crew for the 747. But one question: is it compatible with FSPassengers, especially with the failures?Thanks for answering.Regards,Dimitri Alymowhttp://virtual.planepictures.net/search.cgi?dalymow@yahoo.de

Regards, Dimitri Alymov
Intel Ivy Bridge 3770K @ 4,5GHz, 16GB DDR3 1600MHz, NVidia GTX1080TI (11GB), Win 10 Pro, P3DV4

Hello Dimitri,Yes, all FS2Crew products are compatible with FSPassengers.If running FSPassengers, just make sure you disable FSPassenger's co-pilot callouts and automatic door handling.Failures: I can't speak for... the PMDG 747 doesn't model system failures as far as I know, so I'm not sure how FSPassengers would fail PMDG 747 systems (or how it could even talk to the PMDG 747). Engines failures, maybe, but that's about it as far as I can see.Best regards,Bryan

Hello Bryan,thanks for the answer.The failures in FSPassengers are engine fails, flameouts, gear doesn't go down or up, decrease of pressure (sorry, if this sounds a bit strange, my English is not perfect) and many others. I wanted to know if I can manage it witzh FS2Crew, for example when I have a engine flameout. What would the copilot say or what about the options in FS2Crew?Sorry, I don't really know much about FS2Crew (I just read a review about the ATR version, but it sounded very interesting).Regards,Dimitri Alymowhttp://virtual.planepictures.net/search.cgi?dalymow@yahoo.de

Regards, Dimitri Alymov
Intel Ivy Bridge 3770K @ 4,5GHz, 16GB DDR3 1600MHz, NVidia GTX1080TI (11GB), Win 10 Pro, P3DV4