Sign in to follow this  
byork

PMDG 747 Status

Hello Dimitri,The initial release won't include failures. If there is a very strong demand for failures, we can look at adding them in later upgrades, but generally speaking failures tend to be of interest to a very small percentage of the user base. To give you some context, FS2Crew generally won't model failures unless we can model them very accurately. Failures, done properly, are extremely complex to model, a lot more complex than simply having the FO state "we lost an engine" or something.Hope that helps,Bryan

I really think we got enough failures and CTD's in FS9 itself as it is. Creating interfaces that makes even more failures is totally redundant after my opinion.

Rune B.

Hi,ok, thanks, now I understand ;)

Regards, Dimitri Alymov
Intel Ivy Bridge 3770K @ 4,5GHz, 16GB DDR3 1600MHz, NVidia GTX1080TI (11GB), Win 10 Pro, P3DV4

What about the failures in the PMDG744 failures menu itself. I usually choose before every flight 1 random failure/8 hours and I keep my non-normal checklist up close. Those failures are very well implemented and IMO very well modeled. FS2Crew doesn't need to create the failures itself, but just interface with the PMDG triggered failures to create the appropiate FO response/checklist/actions (especially on an engine shutdown in flight - that's some interesting Multi Crew Coordonation right there).In case that FS2Crew can't read the failure from PMDG when it happens, and can't detect a failure in the aircraft, a great thing would be to have a menu with the requested abnormal checklist for the FO to read/execute. Let me know what you think,Eric

Hello Eric,These are all great ideas. The feature list for the initial release was locked down a while ago, so these ideas will have to wait for future upgrades. The target release date for the 747 version is planned for Sept 1st. I don't normally give pre-release dates, but I've qualfied this one with a "planned" so I have an out if any show stoppers are encountered between now and then in the the 11th hour.Cheers,Bryan

Good to hear that development will be continued after the initial product release. Take your time. --Eric

Guest dimbo

Brian-Another enthusiastic user here. One of the things I think is great about fs2crew is that with bird strikes, sick passengers, shortage of cups, etc, it helps to mix things up a bit so every flight isn't the same old routine. I just had a couple of suggestions along these lines for the upcoming release.- would it be possible to randomize the conversations with the co-pilot so that asking about the kids isn't always the 1st question?- Maybe some kind of link to the etops page so that once you (virtually) change the transponder to 2000 and presumably change the radios to whatever frequency they monitor while out of atc range, you could hear random plane-plane transmissions once in a while or something of that nature. Then when you change the track back to mag you would stop hearing them.Anyway, just throwing out some ideas. Can't wait for the realease. Thanks.

Thanks for the planned release date Bryan. I'll be online waiting for you to put it up. :)