Sign in to follow this  
Guest stroman

Long haul and FS2Crew

Guest stroman

Hi,I've been using FS2Crew from the beginning and have bought every version since. Only for this one, the 747 version, I still have my doubts. How about those very long intercontinental flights? What if you don't have the time nor the patience to sit them out from beginning to end at simrate 1x? For the same reason I haven't yet bought the PMDG 747 itself. I only like to fly real world airlines with their real world routes, so a short 2 hr flight isn't really an option. Does the PMDG 747 itself and the new FS2Crew version come with the possibility to save flights and as such make a AMS - LAX flight in 3 or 4 stages? Greetings,Nico

Hello Nico,Someone correct me if I wrong, but off hand I do not think the PMDG 747 has the ability to save flights they way you'd probably want them saved. It's a very complex thing to do properly when you factor in the multitude of variables used in the FMC, etc.However, for FS2Crew 747 things to note are this:1. You can start FS2Crew in the Cruise Mode or Descent Mode if desired. This means everything can be skipped before those modes if desired. So if you want to start in Cruise or just before the TOD, it's not a problem from FS2Crew's position.2. In FS2Crew 747 the FA will contact you every 30 minutes. The timing FS2Crew uses for this is now tied to Flight Simulator time, so if you go up to 4X the FS2Crew timing will speed up by a factor of 4 as well.3. For my experience, 4X is about as fast as you can go on the PMDG 747 without the plane starting to do funny things.4. For routes, off hand the 747 is used on several high density routes of short duration in Asia (inter-Japan, Japan-Korea, etc), so you can fly there if it's important that you only fly actual routes that would use a 747.Hope that helps,Bryan

Guest mrm0508

Bryan,Can that FA time (every 30 min) be changed? I sometimes initiate a flight at night and let it run all night with a pause at TOD, that way I can finish a 12 hour flight the next morning. What is the impact of the FA communication when doing something like that?Thanks,Mike Murphy

Hi Mike,Hmmm, right now the 30 minute interval is hard-coded and we're getting pretty late to start changing things...At the 30 minute interval, what happens is that you will hear the ding sound and the interphone panel will pop-up. On the panel the name of the station calling you will be displayed, ie., Door 2 LeftYou would then click on Door 2 Left to answer the phone, and then another panel will pop-up giving you options.What I'll look into doing is if you don't answer the interphone the interphone panel will automatically close after so much time... I can't promise that will make it in at this late stage, but it should be possible.Regardless, if you ignore the FA, nothing bad will happen to the simulation.Hope that helps,Bryan

"I sometimes initiate a flight at night and let it run all night with a pause at TOD, that way I can finish a 12 hour flight the next morning."Glad to see that I'm not the only dork.... ;-)James

Hello BryanSorry for bringing up this thread, but I dind't wan't to start a new one.Regarding saving the PMDG747 in flight; I haven't had any big difficulties doing that, the problems I've got is that wind data entered in FMC ain't saved and elapsed time on the clock are messed up.But if you save a flight with FS2Crew activ, will you mess up anything regarding FS2Crew?

Marius S

Hello Marius,You shouldn't have any problems.Generally though as a rule of thumb: Do not 'save' situation files with any FS2Crew panels open. Make sure they're closed.When you load your saved flight, you will need to activate FS2Crew. Make sure "Skip Pre Dep Events' is set to Yes.Chrs,Bryan

>3. For my experience, 4X is about as fast as you can go on the>PMDG 747 without the plane starting to do funny things.I can confirm that you can fly the PMDG747 with up to 8x sim rate without any problems. I've flown both PMDG747 and Level-D 767 with 8x sim rate and they are both steady as a rock. Haven't testet it with the ATR as it's not really a long hauler, so it has never really been an issue, hehe.