Sign in to follow this  
byork

PMDG 747 Notes, FAQs and Troubleshooting

Captains,Notes for new FS2Crew-PMDG 747 Drivers:1. Please ensure your PMDG 747 has the latest PMDG Service Update installed before installing FS2Crew. That is critical.2. Please read the manuals. After installing the FS2Crew 747, a "Quick Start" Tutorial flight PDF Manual will be placed on your desktop. It's only 8 pages. Please print it out and read it carefully.Please follow the Tutorial flight exactly to the letter. It does nothing but work.3. The Main Ops manual which covers every little detail imaginable is available via the FS2Crew Start Center, PMDG 747 Sub-Page or via Start -> FS2Crew -> PMDG 747 Edition.99 percent of the answers to your questions can be found in either of the two manuals.Known issues:1. A beta tester reported conflicts with an addon called FSINN. Similar problems with FSINN were experienced with the PMDG 737 Edition. FS2Crew will be contacting FSINN to see if they can resolve this conflict that appears to be related to keypresses.If you have FSINN, uninstall it off your system to prevent conflicts with FS2Crew 747.Things to watch for:1. FS2Crew 747 uses a lot of Keypresses to interact with the PMDG 747 and the simulation. As mentioned in the manuals, watch for keypress conflicts if you're running a lot of addons.Enjoy your flight!Bryan YorkFS2Crew

Guest D-EDLX

Hello Bryan...I use FSInn every Day. So , i uninstall FSInn in the Morning. :(I hope you and the Guys from MCDU.com find quick a solution for this Problem.GreetingsJ

Guest Bud

Hello BryanHaven't been able to d/l this yet - think I'll leave it for a few hours. I see that a lot of key presses are used. Can you tell me, is there a list somewhere which sets out what the key presses used are. I use quite a lot and there are bound to be conflicts.Bud

Guest Andre001

Oh Dear, I might have found a small bug...When doing the CRUISE BRIEFING and selecting FAIR weather, there is an eror message stating that the file could not be found.Is anyone else also getting this error message ? If not, then I will have ro re-download the file again and re-install.Happy landings all you heavy-drivers !

Well you found a bug... Just when I thought I had a perfect release, too. It's a simple fix: FS9/Sounds/FS2Crew/747/crbrief folderRename "fine.wav" to "fair.wav".I'll be releasing an Update in a probably a few weeks that corrects any little issues that slipped through the beta test screen.All the best,Bryan

Guest Andre001

You`re the best Bryan...Thanx for the fix, this is the best add-on yet (LOVE it)

Guest Andre001

Of coarse....I`ll post something in my VA forum :-) and send you the link so you can follow the replies !Thanx again...

Guest rjrios

I downloaded both the ATR and 747 version of FS2Crew today. The ATR version is working fine but on the 747 version I have none of the FS2Crew click spots. I have checked both the 2D panel and VC with the same results. I have verified that the active panel.cfg is the FS2Crew modified version. I have run through the tutorial a few times to make sure I am following it to the letter. I checked the Ops Manual for help and saw the comment there that some beta testers experienced difficulties if the PMDG display panels were expanded. What does this mean and how does one rectify the problem?Thanks for any help and I look forward to using the product.Rick

Hello Rick,One beta tester reported that with the CRT displays enlarged, he could not use the hidden clickspot located over the compass. If he set the CRT panels to normal size, the click spots work again.No one else could reproduce this and he was using an older video card.First, I want to ensure the PMDG panel.cfg was updated properly.With a PMDG Pax model loaded, pls look in the FS9 Views -> Instrument Panel section. Do you see an window called "FS2Crew Main Selector"? If so, your panel.cfg has been updated properly.Other than that, confirm you're not loading the PMDG 747 from a VC or spot view.Also the obvious: You're not trying to use a Freighter model by chance? FS2Crew only works with the Pax models.Hope that helps,Bryan

Hi, Bryan,I confirm. When clicking a second time on CAPT click spot to have enlarged PFD/ND screens, the FS2Crew clickspot over the Compass Rose doesn't work, and there isn't also any Performance Manual above the MCP.When I am in "small" CRTs view, all works fine, I can click the Compass to display FS2crew panel and I have the performance Manual displayed.Rgds/ Stephane

vpa055.png

Hi Stephane,The important thing is that you can make it work :-)But for my own records what what kind of video card and drivers do you have? Are you running FS2Crew on a laptop?This only affects a small number of users, but I want to know the common denominator between them is. Chrs,Bryan

Hi Bryan,same problem here.NVIDIA GeForce 6610XLForceware 91.31Thanx,Joerg

Joerg Alvermann
Win10 Pro 64Bit - i9-9900KS - GTX980Ti 6GB - 5760x1200

Same here, no biggie though. Same effect in both fullscreen mode and windowed mode.Nvidia GeForce 6800. Not sure about the driver, think it

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden

Guest D-EDLX

Hello , in the Manual are this. "Important note regarding the PMDG