Sign in to follow this  
byork

PMDG 747 Notes, FAQs and Troubleshooting

Guest sfarmer

Hello, Recently I purchesed your wonderful product for the PMDG 744, however everytime I attempy to fly I can never get off the ground. The problem occurs during the start up procedure when the FO is sopposed to start engines 4 and 3, however he always starts 4 and 1, than he turns #1 off when trying to start 1 and 2.Any suggestions?Thanks,Steven

Guest D-EDLX

Hello Runi...when i will fly the 747 with FS2CREW , i deaktivate (rename) the FSCopilot.dll (.OFF or so) and fly with FSHost or Offline. It

Guest ori218

Hello,Why is it that whenever I brief "Jane" for taxi time, even if I choose norm time the captain will say that it is a "short taxi"?You already have another "short taxi" button.Ori.LLBG

Ori,It's a bit hard to make out what he's saying, but he's actually saying that he let her know 'if' the taxi time is going be short, he'll let her know.I had the same thought initially when I heard the recording... you really have to strain your ears to hear the 'if'.Chrs,Bryan

Guest ori218

Sorry Bryan,He says clearly: "It's going to be a short taxi to the rwy, but he'll let her know"Ori.LLBG

[font size=2 Hello,I recently purchased fscrew for pmdg744 and I amexperiencing a small problem.On engine startup, the FO first turns on all Cutoff and startup switches. Then, while supposed to turn engines3 and 4 on, he turns 3 and 4 cutoff and startup switches off,this resulting in a 1 and 2 startup.Finally when asked to start 1 and 2, he turns off 1 and 2cutoff switches.In the end no engines are running. This is applicable when the Auto start on is selected. Thanks for any advice to solve this problem Jean-Charles Montagne

Guest ori218

Hi Bryan,In your nice clip you click the "norm taxi" option and your Captain doesn't say it's going to be a short taxi but a normal one and orders "Jane" to close the doors.In your tutorial (in my case at least) he says when I click on "norm"that it is going to be a short taxi.thanks,

Guest ori218

Bryan,I was mistaken.when "Jane" is briefed and nothing is changed in the intial brief, AKA I do not change anything, THEN the Capt. talks about short taxi "but we'll let you know".Why is he talking about taxi in that brief? and gives a generic statement?Sorry for confusing you before,

Guest chocho55

Bryan:I have the exactly same problem as Jean-Charles. I have no problem start 3-4, but once engine 3,4 started, when I ask to started the engine 1-2, the FO actually trun off 3-4 shut off switch, so the 1-2 is not started and 3-4 went dead. I have tried with FS2crew Assignment loaded and without it. I also try with both GE, and PW engine configurations. The results are the same, any suggestion?Chang-Hua Chen

[font size=2 Hi, I figured that activating the key assignments in FScrew Start center resolved the engine start problem.Indeed, I hadn't activated this before !(sorry about that) Jean-Charles