Sign in to follow this  
byork

PMDG 747 Notes, FAQs and Troubleshooting

Guest aliandri

Hello Bryan,I was wondering, could FS2Crew use step climb?Because all of my long haul flights use step climb for max efficiency.Thanks in advance.Rgrds,Reza.

Guest aliandri

Hi Bryan,Thanks for the reply. I thought that changing cruise altitude while enroute would disrupt the flow of the program between climb and cruise phase since we already entered our initial cruise altitude on FP page.Anyway, I tried the program and it works great.Thanks again.Regards,Reza

Guest D-EDLX

Hello Bryan...when i install the 747 Edition , it comes the following Error Message. I don

Hi Jorg,1. Invalid Data: In all likelihood you have a corrupt download or everyone would have this error.I suggest re-downloading FS2Crew 747 again, but be sure to use the Flight1 Downloader Tool as it verifies the download integrity.2. "Programme"... that's interesting. My guess is that FS2Crew is not detecting FS9 in your registry.I believe the FSX demo mucked up some people's FS9 registry setting.Run the FS9 Registry Tool from Flight1.http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=libraryThen try again.All the best,Bryan

Guest D-EDLX

Thanks Bryan....ALL works fine.... thanks for quick helpGreetings J

I am having a problem where when I start a flight during the ground procedures my rear cargo door will open as well as the bulk cargo door. It doesn't close when the bulk cargo door does and my FS Passengers then give me an error. I don't know why the door opens or how to get it closed. Either that happens or the bulk cargo door won't open and then it opens when it's supposed to close. Either I have to reload the airplane or reboot the whole system and start the flight over. This is getting REALLY annoying and time consuming. Any idea what I can do to get this to stop?

I have had a little incident twice now, it involves the approach brief and after. Today, and about a month ago, Once I completed the AP brief, I switch to DS checklist, and the WAI light stays lit, and will not let me initiate any checklist or anything else. It only stops when I reload the aircraft, which is a major hassle since I cannot reload my FMC flight plan in flight. I tried switching my command keys, and they still stay lit. I unplugged my joystick, and it stayed on. I tried minimizing FS, and it stayed on. What is going on here? It sucks, because then the co-pilot just keeps saying "Glide slope" as I approach the runway. Also he says things out of order, like "glide slope" or "localizer" before they're active. Is my version defective? I have downloaded V1.0, V1.1 and V1.2. my PMDG744 is up to date, and I follow the walk through from avsim. Thanks for the assistance.Kevin

Hi Kevin,In cases like this, I suggest following the tutorial flight again to the letter just to make sure you're not missing something procedural.WAI: You mean you cant turn off the Wing Anti Ice?DS checklist: Try cycling it on and off with the mouse. Pause a couple seconds before turn it back on (yellow dot visible).Cheers,Bryan

Yes, the WAI light that lights up when I click the primary button (bottom right corner, under the light switch on the main fs2crew pop up panel), stays on. I have tried clicking the DS checklist button before, and the WAI light goes off, but will not let me do anything, and as soon as I unselect the DS button, the WAI light comes back on and the problem continues. This only happens once in a while so its obviously something I'm doing to create this problem, I just wish I knew how to undo it. x( I'll try the flight again and report my results later.

It it only happens once in a while, that makes it tough.If you can provide steps so that I could "consistently" reproduce it, then I can fix it.But without the the consistent reproducibility, it's tough.Cheers,Bryan

Guest George 105

Hi All,I am newbie to AVSIM forum as of today. I understand I need to post once a month to keep my membership active. I hope to have more useful postings in the future. But this is my initial posting to stay active. Please ignore or remove it as you see fit. Please forgive the air head content.

Guest AlphaFoxtrot

Hi, I have similar problem with the main selector panel (I don't see any clickspots). However, there is one more thing: I can't even turn the main selector panel on from Views/Instrument Panel. I installed everything as it was said, (I have FSX so I had to copy the PMDG747 folder to Aircraft folder so FS2Crew could see it (in FSX all aircraft models are in SimObjects/Airplanes folder), then Set FS2Crew Panel Config File and copy whole PMDG747 folder back to SimObjects/Airplanes folder). I've got also FS2Crew update 1.2 and my PMDG version is 2.0. I don't know what I should do to make "Main selector Panel" available under Views/Instrument Panel and clickspots. Got any suggestion?