Sign in to follow this  
byork

PMDG 747 Notes, FAQs and Troubleshooting

Hi,The clickspots are not visible. Please see the manual for clickspot locations.Take a look at your panel.cfg. Do you see a lot of FS2Crew window entries in it?Regarding your moving of the PMDG to FSX? Are you trying to move your FS9 PMDG 747 into the FSX by copying and pasting files?When you install the PMDG 747 FSX, everything should be automatic.I'm not sure what you're trying to do there.Cheers,Bryan

Guest AlphaFoxtrot

1. I can see many FS2Crew window entries in panel.cfg2. Let me explain once again. I don't have FS9, i have only FSX. When I install PMDG 747, it places three folders: the first - "PMDG" (it contains some navigation data) in the main FSX folder ("Flight Simulator X Deluxe") and two others - "PMDG747-400" and "PMDG747-400F" in SimObjects/Airplanes folder (that's the folder from which FSX loads every aircraft). Because of fact that the FS2Crew seems to be created for FS9, It looks for the PMDG747-400 folder in "Flight Simulator X DeluxeAircraft" (I think that Aircraft folder was used in FS9 to store all aircraft models, in FSX it has nothing stored in as the main aircraft models folder is "Flight Simulator X DeluxeSimObjectsAirplanes"). That's why I tried to copy PMDG747-400 folder from "Flight Simulator X DeluxeSimObjectsAirplanes" to "Flight Simulator X DeluxeAircraft" so the FS2Crew could see that I have PMDG747-400 installed and I was able to create a modified panel.cfg file using FS2Crew Start Center. Of course, the new panel.cfg file was saved in "Flight Simulator X DeluxeAircraftPMDG747-400panel" folder so It couldn't be used by FSX (FSX uses Flight Simulator X DeluxeSimObjectsAirplanesPMDG747-400 folder to load PMDG747-400 model). That's why I copied PMDG747-400 folder with changes made by FS2Crew back from "Flight Simulator X DeluxeAircraft" to "Flight Simulator X DeluxeSimObjectsAirplanes". However, I still can't use any of the clickspots mentioned in the manual nor turn the Main Selector Panel on from in-game ViewsInstrument Panel (I just can't see "Main Selector Panel" there). Got any ideas?

Hi,There is an FSX version of FS2Crew for the PMDG 747 FSX.Please see the FS2Crew website:www.fs2crew.comTrying to copy the FS9 version of FS2Crew 747 over to the FSX version would not work well (as you appear to be experiencing).Cheers,Bryan

Hi all!!I have a problem with Fs2Crew 747 PMDG Voice Commander during the startup sequence. I hope posting here I can solve it. I really enjoy using Fs2Crew but I cannot use it with PMDG747.To the point:I´ve read twice the manual and I didn´t find anything about it.I make correctly the Before Engine Start Procedure,step by step (the FO too)Here is the problem, When the FO does his flow the Apu Bleed Valve Lights come ON, so this means that there is no air coming from the APU. The APU is ON, both generators working properly.I tell to FO to start engine 3 and 4 and he does his flow, but the enginge start switches for eng 3 and 4 doesn´t work because there is no air coming from the APU however APU is ON.I´ve tried to start the engines without Fs2Crew activated and there is no problem, the engines start perfectly.Suming up, when the FO performs his Before Engine Start Procedure the APU Bleed has no air coming from the APU and the engines cannot start later.Regards and thank you in advance.

Hi all!!I have a problem with Fs2Crew 747 PMDG Voice Commander during the startup sequence. I hope posting here I can solve it. I really enjoy using Fs2Crew but I cannot use it with PMDG747.To the point:I´ve read twice the manual and I didn´t find anything about it.I make correctly the Before Engine Start Procedure,step by step (the FO too)Here is the problem, When the FO does his flow the Apu Bleed Valve Lights come ON, so this means that there is no air coming from the APU. The APU is ON, both generators working properly.I tell to FO to start engine 3 and 4 and he does his flow, but the enginge start switches for eng 3 and 4 doesn´t work because there is no air coming from the APU however APU is ON.I´ve tried to start the engines without Fs2Crew activated and there is no problem, the engines start perfectly.Suming up, when the FO performs his Before Engine Start Procedure the APU Bleed has no air coming from the APU and the engines cannot start later.Regards and thank you in advance.
Hi,First, this question belongs in the "Voice Commander" forum; it's several up from here. :( Second, as for the issue itself: Manually turn on the APU bleed. I recall in the manual it states you have to turn setup the APU well before engine start (as least so the pax can get conditioned air).Best,

Thanks!!I turn the APU ON just after turn on the Fs2Crew, and the Apu Bleed, but the problem is there, there is no air into the Valve.