Sign in to follow this  
Chaos81

New FS2Crew 747 Start Center

Thanks for the teaser Bryan. I really like the ability to change the key assignments from the start screen. I'm sure that will come in handy.Can't wait for release, even though if you release it September 1st, I'll have to wait a few days to purchase it. Those will surely be LONG days of waiting.:-lol

Captains, Here's a new (albeit somewhat blurry) screen shot of the new and updated FS2Crew 747 Start Center. I want to show you how far FS2Crew has come since the release of PMDG 737 version, which was released almost two years ago.The central goal of FS2Crew over the last couple years has been to enhance and stream-line the entire user experience.http://www.fs2crew.com/startcenter1.jpgNotes:1. What you're primarily seeing here are the data fields that can be used to enter information that will be used to help create non-generic paperwork such as the ACARS Pre-Departure Clearance, Loadsheet and Fuel Sheet.2. An entry for your name is available because when you sign the Fuel Sheet, your actual name will appear on Fuel Sheet in a nice hand-writing font. It's one of my favorite effects.3. When you install FS2Crew, FS2Crew automatically makes a backup of your pre-existing 747 panel.cfg file and replaces it with an updated version that contains the appropriate FS2Crew entries.4. With the Start Center, you can switch back and forth between the original PMDG 747 panel.cfg and the updated FS2Crew panel.cfg.5. If you uninstall FS2Crew via the Control Panel or Uninstall icon, your original PMDG panel.cfg will now automatically be restored to its original, pre-FS2Crew condition.6. FS2Crew 747 requires a lot of new keyboard assignments be added to your PMDG Keyboard INI file. Instead of adding them manually like you had to do with the PMDG 737 version, which was time consuming, you can now easily swap back and forth between your pre-existing PMDG Keyboard INI file with the updated version that contains all the appropriate FS2Crew 747 entries with one button press.7. You can now also automatically restore the updated GaugeSound.dll that FS2Crew requires. As some of you know, a lot of other addons will blindly overwrite the updated GaugeSound.dll that FS2Crew requires with an older version, resulting in a CTD when you tried to load FS2Crew.Now you can quickly restore the updated GaugeSound.dll without having to re-install FS2Crew.8. Links to Military, Civil and Flightsim newsfeeds are available, as well as weather maps.It's not many sleeps now until release day!All the best,Bryan York