Sign in to follow this  
Chaos81

Doing my first FS2Crew flight

Bryan, you owe me a new keyboard. :( "Hopefully not Steven Spielberg", my gatorade went flying when I heard that.Loving it so far, just waiting on my FO to get done with his pre-flight checks.BTW: In case you were wondering, the product is under a friends name as I used his credit card. I really did pay for it though. If you would like, I can give you the name and email address I used. Or do you happen to know if there anyway I can switch it to my name?

Bryan, just wanted to say my thanks to all the beta testers and you for a great product. I just finished the tutorial flight, ;) (yes, I cheated a bit and used 4x) and didn't have any issues at all.Thank's for the GREAT product, and go take a well deserved break.

I used a combination of the quick start tutorial and the manual. EDIT: I should also add, I did read over both of them before I attempted my first flight. I'm sure that helped quite a bit.I made it through without an issues on your side at all. The only time I had an issue, was at the start when I was entering data into the FMC. Since there wasn't anything in the manual, I wasn't sure what to put for flaps and thrust reduction. That in my mind needs a little bit of clarifying as to what to enter, and when. Same thing with the ZFW. I realize most of us know what to do, and when, but when I got to step 7 on the pre-flight checks in the tutorial, I was expecting you to tell us about the takeoff page. Might make it a bit easier for some people if you clarify that a bit more.I did somehow manage to miss the part about arming VNAV and LNAV, but well, that's not your fault is it? ;)Other then those items, everything else was perfect in my mind. Didn't have any problems with the co-pilot doing what he was supposed to, he flipped all his switches, pressed all his buttons, and we got down in one piece.Hopefully this can be of some help to you. Thanks again for the great product and I can't wait for the next one. (PMDG MD-11, hint hint)Oh, one more thing. I found one typing error in the full manual, but can't remember where it is. A single letter got left out. Not a big deal, but I'm sure you'd want it correct. If/when I find it, I'll let you know.

I have no preference between the two aircraft themselves, and I tested both FS2crew versions too.PERSONALLY I prefer the 747 version. Reasons? I can't really say exactly what it is, but I somehow just feel like I have more control over procedings in the 747. Having said that, given all my recent simming time has been in the 747 exclusively, I'll be saddling up the 767 tomorrow sometime for a ride.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Some of the dialogue is quite funny eh! However, it was even funnier in the beta when most of the same dialogue was in 'temporary' voices done by the MS speech engine. (this is before all the proper voices were recorded and mixed you see)Having "Capt. Robert Robot" ask me if I fancied a 'be-er' after the shutdowns amused me right up until my last flight with the pre-voice beta.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg