Sign in to follow this  
drom

Flowchart - Precision Approach

Hi everyone,I've completed my first draft of the flow chart for the 747 edition and although not as detailed and comprehensive yet as my 767 version it still provides the basic flows.I'd appreciate some people downloading it and seeing if the flows are accurate. I've been working on it all day and am sick to death of running the startup procedure! :-lol Grab it here:http://www.users.on.net/~jermslio/I'm leaning towards not doing up the individual approaches like I did with the 767 flows due to the similarities and simplicity of these approaches, that coupled with the fact that they most likely won't be used very often.It's the same deal as the 767 flowcharts, ATC prompts, key symbols, designed for colour/grayscale printing and containing a few comments (there wasn't very much to comment on in this edition as it's all pretty straight forward :-) )Congrats on the release Bryan.Hope you all enjoy it, Jeremy

Guest Andre001

One small thing though...You state on your flowchart under the "cleared for takeoff" section that one must only press the secondary button to engage the autopilot if you are performing a "packs off" takeoff.I don`t understand this procedure as you are required to press the secondary button to engage the left autopilot otherwise the autopilot will not be engaged by the FO at all, whether at 1000ft or above. There is no automatic engagement of the autopilot at all to my knowledge is there ?Otherwise this is a great and VERY helpfull add-on to this wonderful product.Thanx for your hard work....

Hi Jeremy,I just looked at your Flow Chart, too, and noticed the same thing.The Secondary Button, when pressed at an alt greater than 1000 feet above the runway, will command the FO to engage the Left Autopilot regardless of whether a packs on/off takeoff was done.For a packs off takeoff, the FO will automatically turn the packs back on shortly after departure.Compared to the 767 version of FS2Crew, the FO in the 747 Edition requires less hand-holding.Also, the FO does not call "running" during the flap retraction... that's the Level-D 767 Edition.Other than that, awesome Flow Chart :-)Chrs,Bryan

Cheers guys,Bryan,I thought I got rid of all those "Runnings", but looks like I missed them in the draft. Will get rid of them.Andre,I'll fix up that Packs off departure too as it does indeed look confusing. The "Pack Off Only" comment is actually refering to the reestablishment of the packs not the autopilot itself but its not clear. I'll seperate it to make it clearer and thanks for the feedback!I'll get the FO takeoff flow done in the next few days, I thoroughly enjoyed doing that in the 767 Edition and can guarentee you'll have some fun with that for something different!Now since I've had a good sleep its time to test whether or not this Flowchart actually works!Jeremy

Jeremy, thanks for the quick work. I made my second flight with FS2Crew using nothing but your flow chart, and had no problem at all. A great testiment to not only Bryan's product, but your flowchart as well.Two things I noticed. One, you have "Main Selector Panel..." when you need to use it, except on for the apporach and landing checklists. Two, you have 8000 feet first, and then 10,000 feet. Shouldn't those two be switched around?Those are the only things I noticed. Thanks again for the quick work.

Thanks Mike,Nice catch on the Main Selector Panel, I missed it myself. I added that 8000feet blunder early this morning, well thats my excuse anyway...normally I can count to ten...usually... (-: I've been working on it a bit throughout the day and found quite a few problems. Plenty of other slips as a result of transferring section from my 767 flowcharts....anyone who downloaded it earlier may have gotten a little confused when it told them to set FLAP 15?? :-lol The Go Around procedures may not be accurate yet, I'm checking them as we speak but I'm pretty sure that I have something wrong.I'll put a revised copy soon.Jeremy

Hi Rune,Yes the flowcharts are all done I'm just doublechecking a few things and will do a flight this arvo to make sure its accurate. This one will include all the approachs and the first officer takeoff.I've had some excellent help from Steve the legendary consultant on this flowchart, although its not 'official' it will definately help you do it like the real guys. I'm sure he's as glad as I am thats it's done as I can leave him alone now!I'll put it up on my FTP tomorrow most likely and upload to AVSIM soon thereafter.Jeremy

Thanks for your hardwork Jeremy. I'll be downloading as soon as you get it up.

Hi guys,The flowchart is done now and I think its pretty much ready for upload.Its located at the same FTP however can I pelase ask that if you use it and find an error please take the time to let me know.I'd hate to have gone to all this effort only to have it wrong! :)Jeremy