Sign in to follow this  
Guest ori218

Amazing one!

Guest ori218

Hi Bryan,I have a few questions regarding timing and two requests.1st, If I start from dark/cold, when is the time to start the FS2Crew? (I mean in what stage), I tried to copy the button flips of the tutorial but it seems like I missed some things.2nd, what is the problem with a P&W engine? On the surface they work fine...3rd The only time I worked with P&W all the doors worked fine as they DID NOT work with other engines/doors. BTW how do you open the doors? it seems that the SHIFT+E was re asigned for opening widows on top of each other. (PMDG or FS2Crew?)4th and I think the most important of all, how do I know it is time for the next checklist/stage? it seems I click them too quickly because the FO almost always tells me to preform them again. I can't follow HIM! :)The request is, I need more time for the flight itself (around 17 or even 20 hours) because I usualy fly from Israel LLBG to KJFK or KSFO etc... A SPECIAL REQUEST IS, include SIDs from LLBG (tel aviv) and LLHA (haifa). The generic is well... generic :)Again, as we discussed by e-mail a long time ago, although it's without a SDK, YOU'VE DONE IT! BIG TIME!Ori.

Hello Ori,I'm going to move this to the 747 Sub-Forum.To answer your questions:1. Don't start cold and dark, load the FS2Crew Panel File to have the cockpit setup.Please follow the RKSI to RJAA quickstart tutorial as it describes everything in detail.2. Not sure I follow what you mean.3. FS2Crew controls doors via a combination of MSFS SDK events and PMDG keyboard commands.Did you set the PMDG Keyboard INI file to FS2Crew via the Start Center?4. Please take another look at the Manuals; all is described in great detail when you need to call for checklists, etc.5. Flight time of 17 to 20 hours and a briefs for LLBG and LLHA, I'll consider for Update 1.Thank you for the kind words. Working without an SDK was tough, but I think we pulled it off pretty good.Cheers,Bryan

Guest ori218

1st of all, thank you,I made all the start center and key changes.I thought I saw a warning to use GE engines only fot the tutorial.The door story is this: after loading a "closed" aircraft, I saw the main door open which is fine by the book.after it closed, the cargo doors opened as schedualed but never closed even after I got all the paperwork fuel, loadsheet, clearence.but... the cargo doors stayed open even after pushback AND start.I tried to close them with any key I could find in the sim and outside it but when i reached SHIFT +E +number of a door, all I got was all the windows opening and overlapping each other.with another type of engine (P&W) it didn't happen.I'll go try again the tutorial.The docu. states that my callsign is kal23 I have the kal selected with the mouse but i cannot type anything in that window, I know it's insignificant but for accurate documentation. Cheers and Thanks for a cool and amazingly done product yet again, Ori.

Hi,You can't type in the windows; use the right/left mouse button to cycle available selections.As for the doors: They should close automatically shortly after the FA tells you the cabin is ready for departure... Make sure the cargo doors are closed at the start of the sim.Check for any possible keyboard conficts from other programs that may be making the same keypresses used for the cargo doors.As usual, fly the tutorial flight to the letter.Cheers,Bryan

Guest ori218

Hi again Bryan,I checked everything again and all is set.Will try the flight today.When the FA asks for somthing like tape, how do I ask for it? It's not clear enough In the pdf I align the COMM2 numbers but how do I actually contact them? Sorry for asking too much...PLS remember my time and LLBG, thanks.Ori.P.S. I work without a printed copy of the document so it's very hard.Excuse me (printers...).P.S. 2 The FMC 1st part in the docu. is not complete: without the flaps 20 for instance part you can't obtain the V - Speeds and fill that part in the FP page. (it comes later though, of course).

Hi Ori,If the FA tells you she needs something during the Pre-Flight phase such more meals, pillows, etc., set COMM2 to 131.70 and make the frequency active.The press the Secondary Button and that will initiate a call to Operations and the Operations panel will pop-up.There is an alternative method to calling Operations: There is a hidden click spot located in the upper left hand corner of the Flight Planning page... click it to bring up the Operations panel.Cheers,Bryan

Guest ori218

Hi,I spotted a structural issue.I was preparing for flight and passed the PF stage when I to quit Flight Simulator so I've saved the flight, the panel state and quitted.When I came back to that flight after loading the panel state, The FS2Crew started from the beginning instead of going back to the stage I was in before quitting.Is there a way of saving FS2Crew or do I have to start everytime from scratch?Ori.BTW The COMM2 + secondary button just didn't work, and Yes I've tried both COMM's and they both became active, so now what?

Hi Ori, To start FScrew from somewhere during the flight you can set SKIP PRE-DEP EVENTS to YES on the flight planning page. Start FS2Crew from where you left off but make sure the panel state is exactly as it was when you left otherwise things may not be set properly.Also make sure you don't exit halfway during a procedure (i.e halfway through the AT/T sequence) as the procedure will start from the beginning again.I do know that the PMDG doesn't save everything properly so you'll have to check with Bryan on what is and is not possible with panel saves.As for the radio I think you may have the frequency active but the radio off. See the picture below on how to set it up correctly, once it is setup like below then press the SEC Button.http://www.users.on.net/~jermslio/images/On&Active.jpgThat should work for you.Jeremy

Guest ori218

Hi Jeremy,The picture helps alot.You mean that if I now start with skipping the "SKIP PRE-DEP EVENTS" after I did it before.it's like working with panel states, of course without being in the middle of a procedure...Happy flying, Ori.