Sign in to follow this  
stefltt

Suggestions for future updates

Hi,I'm opening a new topic, where everyone can put his wishes or remarks or suggestions for future updates to improve the product. So let's begin :1. Access to Main Selector Panel from "enlarged screens" view2. Bird strike in "enlarged screens" view. Yes, I got a birdstrike on take off but the windshield was damaged only in the "classic" captain view.3. Minimum flight time selection of 30 minutes instead of 02h00, for very short haul flights like TNCM to TFFR.4. In the Flight Planning panel : a) for Dest for PAs, select word "destination" instead of a city if we don't fly to a predefined destination. :( for ATC Callsign, select a generic Three letters callsign, for example, I enter VIP055 in FS2Crew Center and it should spell it as "Vee I pee Zero five five" when calling us on ground. c) assumed temperature should go until 70

vpa055.png

Great ! Take your time !By the way, I forgot this :5. Many airports don't have taxiways that goes parallel to the runway until the threshold, but they have one or two taxiways in the middle of the runway. So we have to enter and backtrack the runway. In that case, the "enter runway" procedure and dialogue makes no sense as when we enter the runway and backtracking, we are not yet aligned and it says in the dialogue that the rwy alignment is xxx. Or maybe did I misunderstand something ? :D :-roll

vpa055.png

For #5, this is one difficult in a way in the sense that I could easily add a switch so that the FO's "lining-up on runway xxx" call does not play if backtracking... the issue is that I would have to add yet another switch to the Flight Planning page... it's a bit of a slippery slope in that if I add switches to account for every possible situation you could be faced with (of which there are hundreds) the Flight Planning page could become overly complex and scare a lot of users away.Cheers,Bryan

Just as an aside the maximum derates, for the modelled airline, are 54 degrees for the RR and 56 for the GE.CheersSteve

Cheers

Steve Hall

6. Night lighting for FS2crew panel, as you did with the 767. It's a little bit difficult to read text when flying at night. I tried different settings of the cockpit lighting but the FS2crew panel remains dark.St

vpa055.png

Oh, I may miss that. I will give it a try next time I'll fly at night. Thanks !Stephane

vpa055.png

Guest OZJ732

I second the time one, SYD-MEL and return are only about 1hr eachSpeaking of which when able request the following additions to the cities list.Melbourne (YMML)Perth (YPPH)Brisbane (YBBN)Thanks heaps!!Ben

Hi Ben,I'm working on a little update right now that I'll release soon, probably over the next couple days.I got your 1 hour, 1.15, 1.30 and 1.45 minute requests in there for the FA brief.New cities will have to wait till later.Chrs,Bryan

Guest ori218

Hi guys,Bryan just do not forget the long haul time (up to 17-20 hrs) for a VERY long trip. These are being done with the queen from LLBG to the US and the far east (Thailand, China and others) not to mention Australia.LLBG can wait like the others.thanks, Ori.

Great product Bryan!A few more things if possible!1) Buenos Aires and Sao Paulo to destination list would be nice,2) Ability to start FS2Crew an hour before departure,3) The ability to use a EPR value for the TO power setting (RR Engines),4) Cargo / service doors to open earlier, preferably right from the start.Finally, is the entry for transition level in the FP page meant to be the TL at the departure airport or the arrival one? If the latter, maybe this entry can be done on the approach page, as for many airports, the transition level depends on the arrival airport QNH..Cheers,Charlie

The transistion level is meant to be for the arrival airport and is the cue for the FO's transition call. Airports that use a varying level are difficult to cater for. Usually though you have an idea of what level would be used. If not I guess you can set it to a lower value than you would expect and then closer to the time go back to the FP page and reset the Transition level when you know what it will be.Will this work Bryan?CheersSteve

Cheers

Steve Hall

Guest diskus

Im curious to what extant the captain in various real world sops is required to call out various modes as they become armed or active?ex; vnav path, vnav speed, loc armed, gs armed, lnd 3 greenThanksMB