Sign in to follow this  
slait

45 minute countdown time

Hello,Let me first say that I'm a fairly new user to FS2Crew, and originally had my doubts, but after buying the 767 version I knew I'd love the 747. It's really adding a whole new dimension to my flying and I thank you for that.Now, I seem to be doing fine with respect to procedures, but I'm finding there to be a fair amount of wait time, especially between testing the oxygen at 35 minutes, and the FO flipping on the flight director at 20 minutes. Is there anyway to adjust the start time down to 30 minutes like the LevelD version? The wait time is probably more realistic, but I start getting a bit impatient since most of my flight planning has already been done ahead of time.Again, thanks for the great product, and for your assistance.

- Aaron

You can click on the timer and it will go down 1 minute for each click.

Hello Aaron,After you activate FS2Crew, you can left click on the time value to quickly bring the time down. I don't expect you to wait a full 45 minutes.Just note, however, that you will likely hear multiple people taking at the same time if you bring the time down fast enough because many of the conversations are triggered by time remaining. Your other option is to select "yes" to Skip Pre-Dep Events and you will skip everything.You can start at the Before Taxi checklist if desired. Just make sure the engines are running and the flaps are in the TO position first before running the Before Taxi (BTX) checklist.Hope that helps,BryanEDIT: Mike was faster on the draw!

Ah, I see. You have to activate FS2Crew before you can decrease the time. I read in the manual it could be done, but I got it in my head that you needed to do that before activating it.So, say at the 35 minute mark I can decrease it to 21 or so and then continue on? Can I tick away time at any point during the countdown?Thank you for the quick responses.

- Aaron

Hello Aaron,You can click away as fast as you like with no interruptions.You should stop at the two minute mark though.Generally, I do not recommend madly clicking the left button to decrease the time. If you're going to do it, do it slowly and deliberately.My concern is that certain simulated keypress could be blocked by other keypress if made at the same time.Go ahead and click away, but pause a second or two between each click.Chrs,Bryan