Sign in to follow this  
Guest visualchaosfx

A FS2Crew Question

Guest visualchaosfx

I actually bought this about a month ago. Software is really cool. I haven't used it in a while so I thought I would try and get back into using it again with the PMDG 747. I'm going through the tutorial that came with this software but I'm currently turned off by this statement:http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/4117/untitled1ek8.jpgBecause my setup consist of 2 17" monitors. The left monitor contains the visuals and the MCP. The right monitor contains the overhead panel and the displays along the bottom i.e. PDF, ND, EICAS and throttle view. I was just just wondering if theres a work around for this because I really don't want to fly the jet in just 2D panel mode.Sure I could perform the FO actions pertaining to the overhead panel but that kinda defeats the purpose of even having a virtual FO.Yes I've done a search and came up with topics on undocking the overhead panel but none of the topics contained a question such as this.

Guest visualchaosfx

So I guess there isn't a work around for this? Because I'm still not having any luck finding the solution.

Your setup is rather unique.It would appear that no one with your setup has devised a clever work around, so what is written in the manual would appear to stand at this point.Without seeing your setup first hand, the FO should be able to control the majority of the switches on the overhead. The APU, start switches and fuel pumps, however, you will have to control for him.Cheers,Bryan

Guest visualchaosfx

Hey Bryan,Yeah there's no work around for this. Currently my PC is set up like this.1 Computer with dual DVI card.Left LCD screen contains the 2D cockpit view.Right LCD screen contains the overhead panel and for now, the cockpit view minus the MIP. When I started a flight and went through all the checks and stuff and ut came time for the FO to start the engines, thats where the problem arises because the overhead panel is open and its supposed to be closed so that the FO can perform the autostart duty.Soon, I will be getting the Triplehead2go and another 17" monitor for the overhead panel only for the my simpit so right now FS2crew is gonna have to go in the backburner until some type of work around or update is created for this little problem I have because it would be nice to have the FO perform that part of the duty instead of me clicking the switches for him. That kinda defeats the purpose of having a virtual copilot if I did that. Thanks for the support anyways Bryan. :D

Unfortunately I don't think there will be a work-around for your current setup. The PMDG 747 imposes certain limitations for FS2Crew owing to the way PMDG programmed their 747, and unfortunately you hit one of them with your setup. However, with your upcoming 2nd monitor that will be dedicated to the overhead panel, I think all should be well.All the best,Bryan

I still reckon it's worth getting FS2Crew and temporarily switching back to traditional single screen setup when flying the 747. It's too good to miss out on :-)Watch my video below, then try and resist :-)

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU