Sign in to follow this  
Datalink

FS2Crewa and PMDG 747

Hello, does anyone know if there any videos available, as I would like to see how these 2 work. I just saw the video with the default FSX 747, but I would like to see one from the flight deck throughout tut the different stages of flightThanks

Alaister Kay

Hello Alastair,I'll try to make one that gives a glimpse into how it all works. I can't record a whole flight though due to bandwidth concerns.Maybe over the new couple days I'll put one together.There are several videos out there showing the Level-D 767 Edition of FS2Crew in action. The only big difference is that the 747 Edition uses a new interface system, but the general concept is pretty much the same.Chrs,Bryan

Thanks for your replyIt would be nice just to see maybe the busy portions of flight, but I'll be happy with what ever you come up with :)

Alaister Kay

Guest pierre974

Hi there,I will soon make a video illustrating the take-off from Seoul (Incheon intl) and a catIII landing into Tokyo (Narita intl).I'll let you know - stay tuned...Cheers.

Guest pierre974

That's ok Bryan... I will send you the link before making the video available. I will try to match the tutorial as close as possible. But the video will not cover the whole flight, just the take-off and landing phases. ETA : today or tomorrow...Regards.

Guest pierre974

Well, eventually I will do a 2 part video, depicting the pre-flight ops and take-off from Incheon, and a catIII landing in Narita...The first part is done and is being edited at the moment.For the second one, I need some hints about the DA/DH (decision altitude) normally used during a catIII landing. Which one to use (radio or Baro) and which height to set for Tokyo Narita ? In the tutorial (precision approach), 340 ft is set (is it radio or baro ?), knowing that the airport elevation is 140 feet. Thanks for your explanations on the subject.Regards.

Guest pierre974

That's what I was thinking about, but there might come a problem with the landing checklist (not enough time for the FO calls before touchdown : "Decision, Landing,...").Am I missing something ? Let me know about your monitored approach with FS2Crew.Thanks.

Guest pierre974

Bryan, I will send you the file tomorrow (24 hours from now) so that you can check if it matches the FS2Crew atmosphere correctly.If you appreciate the video, will it be possible for you to host it or to provide a link for forum users...Cheers.

Guest pierre974

Ok Bryan, I checked the flowcharts for all approaches and I figured out the course of events during a monitored approach - DH set on 50 feet will be fine. That matter was an opportunity for me to make some search on the PMDG forum on MDA (baro) / MDH (radio) and CatI,II,III landings.I'm off for the second part of my video (landing runway 34L - Tokyo Narita).ETA : next week-end.See you later...

Hi Pierre,If you are going to do an approach to less than CAT 1 minima then you would have to use Rwy 16R and not 34L. If you are doing a monitored approach for real then they are only flown for approaches below CAT 1. The CAT 2 approach for 16R at Narita would require you to set DA 330 on the Baro (this is always set to CAT 1 minima and can be obtained from the normal ILS chart) and DH 100 on the Radio. When ever setting the Baro think altitude and the radio think height. If you were to do CAT 3 then you would set 20 ft on the radio. The Baro always gets set to CAT 1. The reason for this is that if there is ever a failure of a critical system on the approach then you can still at least fly to CAT 1 and this is already set. The nature of the unserviceabilty will of course determine if you can go lower. For example a NO AUTOLAND message restricts you to CAT 1 ILS minima.You could of course still do a visual autoland on 34L and set the minimas as if to simulate a monitored CAT 2 or lower approach.Once again set the BARO to R34L ILS Cat 1 minima and then set the radio to DH 100. This is not strictly correct as the terrain proceding the rwy would not have been surveyed to less than CAT 1 requirements but it will suffice for your demo video......may just confuse a few folk though if not explained.Good luck with the vid.CheersSteve

Cheers

Steve Hall