Sign in to follow this  
Guest ori218

Why only once?

Guest ori218

Hi Bryan,I was wondering why there is only one problem for the FA per the 45 minutes?I can call operations more than once, right? it could happen that I have no crew meals AND a missing pillow... right?A few more things to do while waiting (without moving the clock).For a next update.Ori.LLBG

Hi Ori,Yes, you can call operations more than once if you want to.I decided to include the possibility of having the FA only report one problem in the pre flight section.I could easily have her come back and report more problems, but the drawback is that the pre-flight sequence is busy enough (especially if all the ACARS, Maintenance and Ramp calls are triggered) and I run the risk of having people talking over each other if there is too much happening.Hope that helps,Chrs,Bryan

Guest ori218

Bryan,In the real world a FA reports everything she needs, so maybe she could call for 1, 2 or 3 problems at the same call randomly without going at it for too much, and even if the fuel sheet comes let's say, she could always return a minute later when it's clearer, like on the 737 you could always tell people to stand by with something.I think It's more realistic, that's all.Speaking of realism, I guess the FO or Captain cannot penatrate the trim or the FMC.... I had trim 6.0 and the Capt. always says "trim 5.5 zero and zero." right?... well to bad for the SDK loss...Ori.LLBG

Hey Ori,The trim appears to be a bit off. He can read it but if you set it to 6.5 in the A/C he will read off 6.0 zero and zero. He is just a bit off ;)Can I ask you something now? I see LLBG in your sig, I just returned back a few weeks ago in real life, I like the old terminal better :) Nothing better than getting off a 777 from the US and walking down the stairs next to those big old engines as you get off the plane. I miss that.Now for the question, I use ASV and can't get a good fetch on LLBG anymore. Do you use ASV? If so, are you getting LLBG fetches, I am getting fetches from LLSD and OJAM and it is really screwing things up for me on long flights into LLBG. Not sure if you were seeing this?Thanks Ori,-PaulKEWR

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest ori218

Sorry Paul,I am not an expirianced pilot yet so I use fair or no weather... yet!Yes I have ASV but unfortuantlly I cannot help you.What I do not understand yet is what trim do I enter on the THR itself? the FMC one, right? The FS2Crew one needs adjustment?You are welcome back to Israel and enjoy it here as I understand you had in the past.P.S. Many people do not like the the new terminal (3) but we need to go forward, don't we? :)

Getting accurate trim values out of the plane is not as easy as it sounds.I have to use the elevator deflection variable from the MS SDKs, and instead of returning numbers like 6, 6.1, 6.2 (which I wish it did) it gives me numbers like 0.0003383, 0003982, etc.That's why the trim value read back can sometimes be off by .5 units depending the location of the trim handle.You could have been just a tiny fraction below 6 resulting in 5.5 being read back.Chrs,Bryan

Guest ori218

Bryan,1st you don't have anything to apologize about.2nd thank you for explaning anyway, it's intresting all the same and makes a great sense out of things.so again thanks.

Hello Paul,I am a RW pilot, with strong orientation to LLBGF. ASv6 latest:LLBG 150740Z 150918 24008KT 9999 SCT035 BECMG 1012 29012KT FEW040 TEMPO 1216 CAVOK BECMG 1618 33006KT.HTH>Hey Ori,>The trim appears to be a bit off. He can read it but if you>set it to 6.5 in the A/C he will read off 6.0 zero and zero. >He is just a bit off ;)>>Can I ask you something now? I see LLBG in your sig, I just>returned back a few weeks ago in real life, I like the old>terminal better :) Nothing better than getting off a 777 from>the US and walking down the stairs next to those big old>engines as you get off the plane. I miss that.>Now for the question, I use ASV and can't get a good fetch on>LLBG anymore. Do you use ASV? If so, are you getting LLBG>fetches, I am getting fetches from LLSD and OJAM and it is>really screwing things up for me on long flights into LLBG. >Not sure if you were seeing this?>Thanks Ori,>-Paul>KEWR