Sign in to follow this  
rX

CTRL + TAB + X

Greetings,I used to have the TOGA buton setup on my joystick as a key command (I also had CMD L setup but since FS2Crew I don't need it anymore - just press Secondary Buton to engage).Well, since FS2Crew uses the CTRL TAB I for TOGA I tought, easy, just command these keypresses in my software. However checking in my Saitek's joystick programing software (which is one of the best I have tested) I realised that the TAB key will not be taken as an modifier but as a key. So it's either CTRL+TAB or CTRL+I or TAB or I or CTRL+TAB then I (as it would read it when I pressed CTRL TAB and I). Any tips? A change for this would be great to a standard CTRL/SHIFT/ALT? keypress. Blue side up, --ericPS. just realised I could use FSUIPC for the keypress however I do not own the registered version of FSUIPC. Any other tips?

Hi Eric,It's hard-coded I'm afraid.However, you can re-assign the PMDG key assignment for TOGA to one that works with your joystick.The only functionality you'll loose is that if you let the FO perform the takeoff, he won't be able to press TOGA by himself.Cheers,Bryan

I had noticed this also. Assuming (if you're like me) that you don't often let the FO do the takeoff, then TOGA key re-assignment is no skin off anyone's nose. Seeing as how I pay F/O Steve's 'salary', he isn't there to do the fun bits anyway, just the monkey work.CRM? Bah!Having said that, the day when FS2Crew will allow you to be the First Officer from start to finish will be an exciting day! Maybe in FSX, who knows? I had this vision the other day of Radar Contact having optional modules that transmit the assigned headings and altitudes as PMDG-native variables to be set on the MCP, allowing for true 'virtual captain' behaviour in the air. The taxi out and in would be the tough bit mind you. Oh well, one day I am sure we'll see it, and my bet is Bryan's name will be on it!No pressure Bryan. :-)

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Hi Eric,You can indeed set that keypress with the Saitek software it just takes a few more steps than your usual keypress setting. I setup my Saitek setup to test it and it works no worries.Step 1:Select your desired TO/GA key and 'right click', select 'New Advanced Command'http://www.users.on.net/~jermslio/images/Advanced.jpgStep 2:Mouse click in the 'Press' box and then press 'CTRL' 'TAB'.http://www.users.on.net/~jermslio/images/Firstkeys.jpgStep 3:Mouse click between the two TABS (the 'in' and 'out' stages of the keypress) and then press I. Rearrange the keypresses so they are in order like below.http://www.users.on.net/~jermslio/images/Finalkeys.jpgThat should solve your problem.Jeremy

Jeremy--Just after I posted the issue I tryed the advanced command interface. I had tryed the MACRO command but it didn't work, before. So I did find the method with Advanced in the software and I tryed and tssted it. How I love this software. I guess I should have posted the solution before :) Thanks Jeremy, --eric