Sign in to follow this  
Guest Astradan

Dreaded and Evil CTD at "Runway Entry Procedure"

Guest Pro-Sim

Firstly, I own all versions of FS2Crew and love them, they are collectively my favourite add-ons for FS.I bought the PMDG 747 version today and after printing and studying the Ops Manual and quick start guides, started my first flight (BA, EGLL-VABB).Everything was going wonderfully for around an hour of prep and taxi, I followed everything to the letter, I armed the T/AT mode and pressed the Main Button on entering the Runway (cleared for t/o).The Overhead appeared (for the F/O to switch on the Landing Lights) and suddenly I got a BLACK SCREEN that hung for around 10 seconds then a full crash to desktop.A CTD is not something I have ever seen on any version of FS2Crew and as I am fastidious about maintaining my system, it's rare for me to get a CTD with any add-on. I am disappointed at this. Has anyone else experianced anything similar ? Brian, any ideas ?I installed the PMDG747 version and then immediately installed the Update.I ensured I clicked the 'FS2Crew Panel.cfg' again, in the Start Centre.:-(David R

Guest Pro-Sim

I just ran the Gaugesound.dll refresher again, in the Start Centre, and all seems fine now :-)This is a whole lot of fun, and I love the sequential nature of the buttons, and the 'arming' strategy.Just keeps getting better - but what's next in line ? ;-)(Maybe the Feelthere 737 PIC ?).... a FS2Crew for a 757 would be good but better to wait for the Level D version, as the 2 recent releases are too dubious on the quality front to be suited to something as advanced as FS2Crew ;-) )Anyway another great job Bryan, so keep up the good work !!David.PS. Am I right thinking there's no F/O take-off on the 747 version ?PPS. Have you ever thought of widening the 'imersion' that you've mastered so well in FS2Crew, by producing a detailed 'Ops Centre' add-on that gives all the realsim of a true Ops Centre and Despatch Unit. (You could mouse click to enter each room in the Ops Centre, ie Despatch, then converse with the staff, ie the Despatch briefing... Another good aspect to widen realism, would be to be able to select a carrier, then to be randomly given a flight roster (for a single flight, or the week ahead).... these could be based on the carrier's real routes.... so say I selected BA, based on the PMDG747 I could be assigned a single random flight, or a week's schedule from "crew Centre" .... This would be really fun, and 30 mins spent in this programme would flow nicely into a FS2Crew flight!

Hi David,A FO takeoff is possible with the 747 edition.You need to set the lateral mode for the FO takeoff in the Flight Planning section (FO T/O HDG SELECT to YES/NO for HDG SEL/LNAV) and in the departure brief set TAKEOFF (PF) to FO instead of CAPT.Make sure the trim is set correctly however or you may end up in a nose down position at the end of the runway :).Jeremy