Sign in to follow this  
Guest DWillens

Timing of After Landing Checklist

Guest DWillens

Just a thought...As much as I love FS2Crew, and appreciate the difficulties of interfacing without an SDK, one thing that can be somewhat "jarring" is the transition between cockpit view (I use VC) and the large overhead panel when the FO flips switches. This is especially disconcerting during the rollout after landing. I assume that the after landing actions are being initiated at a certain speed? Perhaps instead you could use a certain amount of time after landing, such as 60 secs, or after the aircraft reaches a slower speed? The problem is that often the FO starts running the after landing items while I am still rolling down the runway. Perhaps this happens in real life, but it is quite jarring to have the overhead panel pop up while you are still rolling down the runway.Any thoughts on this?Damon

The after takeoff checklist is activated by the spoilers being placed in the down position. Simply don't move the thrust levers, or manually put it down, and the checklist won't be activated.Then you have plenty of time to slow down, get off the runway, and then lower the spoilers by either manual means, or advancing the thrust levers.Someone else can correct me if I am wrong.

Guest DWillens

Ahhh. Got it. I can work with that. Thanks!!Damon