Sign in to follow this  
marcgeerts

set your clock

Hi Marc,Setting the clock is not essential to the operation of FS2Crew however I believe it is one of those things that is done in real life. To use the PMDG clock just set it to 'run' (right click on the word 'RUN') when commencing takeoff and it will count up in minutes (you will not see seconds increment). You can also use the chronometer as a stop watch, simply click CHR once to start the timer, again to pause/stop the timer and once more to reset it to ET timeThe DA & DH are set on the EFIS panel, which is located to the left of the Mode Control Panel (MCP). To adjust the Radio mins set the outer 'MINS' knob to 'RADIO' (click on the words 'MINS' to change between RADIO and BARO) and then on the edge of the knob use the scroll button (or left/right mouse clicks) to adjust the decision height. Set the outer knob to BARO and do the same thing to set the decision altitude.Jeremy

Thx Jeremy,helped me a lot.Ty for quick reply.One last thing :difference between radio and baro?;ie I fly into Brussels and want DH of 390 do I set both radio and baro to 390?Regards...Marc

Marc,The radio altimeter gives you your real/actual altitude over land/water and is generally activated at low altitudes (around 2500 feet). The barometer altimeter on the other hand gives you your altitude based on atmospheric pressure. The difference is quite important.For example, if you are in level flight at say 1500 feet and you fly over a large hill the radio altimeter will decrease and increase relative to the terrain. The barometer altimeter however will remain constant the whole time.How you set your DA/DH is dependeant on which approach you are flying. Precision Approach: Set BARO to Decision Altitude and RADIO to Decision Height.Monitored Approach: Set BARO to CAT I minima and RADIO to Decision Height.Non-Precision Approach: Set BARO to Minimum Descent Altitude plus 50 feet and RADIO to Minimum Descent Height.Hope that helpsJeremyP.S I have a flowchart on AVSIM that might help with some of these settings.