Sign in to follow this  
byork

Freighter Mod for FS2Crew PMDG 747 (Panel.cfg Only)

FS2Crew - PMDG 747 Freighter Panel.cfg Mod-----------------------------------------5 March 2007 (V1.0)Download ( < 600 KB)www.fs2crew.com/FS2Crew747FMod.zipRequirements:FS2Crew for the PMDG 747 and the PMDG 747 Freighter with latest PMDG updates installed.Summary:This mod includes a new panel.cfgfile for your PMDG 747 Freighter.The new panel.cfg adds the appropriateFS2Crew entries to the Freighter's panel.cfg.Mod created by: Anthony FluhartInstructions:1. Locate your panel.cfg for the PMDG 747 Freighter.It should be in:Flight Simulator 9AircraftPMDG747-400FPanel2. BACKUP YOUR PRE-EXISTING PANEL.CFG!!!!3. Overwrite the pre-existing panel.cfg with the FS2Crew modified panel.cfg.Notes:1. To revert to your original panel.cfg,overwrite the FS2Crew modified panel.cfgwith the original panel.cfg file that you backed-up.2. FS2Crew has not been modified to make itmore freighter specific. All this mod doesis transplant FS2Crew for the pax 747-400 intothe freighter. Cheers,Bryan

Guest afluhart

Also you need to backup you original 744F panel folder and copy over your pax panel folder. Basically in this mod you use the 744 pax 2d panel set and the 744F v/c. I don't know how much support I'll be able to offer but if you have questions I'll try to answer them.

Question. In other words, after backing up (renaming) the 747F panel folder, place a copy of the 747 passenger panel folder in the 747F directory. Then overwrite the original panel.config thats in the passenger panel folder with the 747F panel.config??? Thanks.

Chuck,Back up the original 747F panel folder.Copy the contents of the Pax panel folder into the Freighter panel folder.Update panel.cfg file in the new Freighter folder with the new panel.cfg.So long as you backup the original Freighter panel folder, you're always safe as you can revert back to it.-Bryan

Guest afluhart

Just like Bryan said.You are only altering your freighter installation. You don't have to alter any files regarding the passenger version. Just copy over your pax panel folder to the freighter and use the updated cfg file in the new panel folder you copied over and you are set.

If I use the mod will I lose the 2D cockpit for the freighter ?? If so is that the only difference between using the mod and without the mod.