Sign in to follow this  
Guest SIX

Ground Crew forgets to close a door

Guest mcd211255

The same problem here.It has happened on several times and I noticed that when the go ahead is given to close the doors the front entry door and the fwd cargo doors close. Then the door aft cargo and the door bulk cargo open. I have pressed all the butons namely CTRL TAB O and CTRL SHIFT D num 158 and 159 on page 11 of the manual.No amount of button pressing closes the doors. As I say the rear cargo doors open when the front doors close.Addon running Radar Contact v4 , FS Flight Tracker, Track IR.All assignments are in order and no violations. Mike DouglasFlying Tigers group AQ688British Airways Virtual AQ0688

Hi everyone,I also encountered this early in my testing however I found it was consistantly associated with decreasing the countdown time rapidly during key phrases.The cargo doors will open from 34 mins through to 32 mins, I'm not sure of the order but it is something like 34=fwd cargo,33=aft cargo, 32=bulk cargo.If you are counting down rapidly during this period you will get a conflict with these key presses as CTRL TAB O, CTRL SHIFT D & CTRL SHIFT B all hammer off at the same time.A very simple solution is to go slowly during this period, at time 34 wait for 2-3 seconds for the EICAS message to illuminate then continue and so forth. Shortly after 32mins all the doors should be open (if they are not open by 30mins something has intercepted the keypresses).The cargo doors appear to be opened during the closing up period only because they were already closed to begin with.Also be careful advancing the timer between 20-16 mins as a rapid countdown can cause conflicts with some of these settings. As said earlier a 2-3 second pause between clicks should solve the problem.If in doubt download my flowchart on AVSIM to ensure that everything is being set the way it should be.RegardsJeremy

Guest mcd211255

Jeremy,Thank you for the FS Crew B744 flowchart. I have your LDL-D B767 flowchart and was not aware you had done one for the B744. No problem with the doors in the aft when I now know what time they open and close.ThanksMike DouglasFTG Group AQ688BAW BAW0688

Thanks Mike, glad you've found it useful.That one took a few days to complete but I was extremely happy with the way it turned out. Nothing like having a real 747 pilot to annoy with many a retarded question. :-lolJeremy

Hello,I can confirm that the problem is related to a manual time acceleration within the FS2CREW menu. If you let the time run down without "skipping" some minutes, everything runs okay. So what I do is paying attention that I keep my fingers away from the acceleration button between minutes 34 and 32 (cargo door opening time) and minutes 2 to 0 (cargo door closing time).Kind regardsMartin

Guest SIX

Thanks for the flow chart. I was thinking about writing one, literally with a pen, just for myself but this thing is much nicer than I could imagine with all of its details. The Flow chart seems to have solved my door troubles as I know where I can speed things up or not. I don't burn through the 45 minutes all the time, it is just nice to know how when you need it.Thanks againWilson HinesMy Blog: http://www.wilsonhines.com --------------------------------------http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpghttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_744F.jpghttp://online.vatsimindicators.net/837438/3074.png

Thanks Wilson :) I'm glad it helps and that you find it useful.I use the flowchart myself basically for what you described, there are times when I need a quick push back or need to rush a certain procedures (you know those...er what was that Steve!?...we're decending in HOW MANY miles!).I'm not sure if I will continue doing them though as they take an extremely long time to do (though they mightn't seem that way) and even longer if you want to do them right. All the details in the 747 flowchart were verfied by a real 747 pilot so when your flying with the flowchart you literally are flying it like real pilots.Glad your problems sorted.Jeremy

Just happened to me, bulk cargo door stuck open for no reason, with ZERO time acceleration at any time during pre-flight......Absolutely nothing worked to close it myself, had to reset the flight.... One hour wasted......And now, back to the drawing board......

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

To control the doors, FS2Crew literally makes the same 'keypress' you would manually make to open/close the door.It's that simple.So if you can't open/close a door by hand (double check your PMDG key assignments to see what key does what), then that makes it tougher to troubleshoot.-Bryan

Is there any conflict with the doors, when I also have the PMDG 747-400F installed, as they add some additional doors and commands, i.e., does FS2crew take care of this in the latest INI file. I'm having problems still with doors not being closed, although I'm setting key assignments for FS2Crew 747

Ron Service

I think everything is OK, I was trying to go through the checklists too quickly.

Ron Service