Sign in to follow this  
Guest sbdwag

meridian..i caved in and went to the dark side...aaargh

Severely disliking the wrapper i've resisted for all this time to buy anything using it and always waited patiently for CD versions.But..i couldn't resist this one anymore..i went to the darkside...resist it i could not.Anyways, for those still in doubt about buying this one, don't doubt and just get it. It truely is as amazing as those who bought it earlier stated.The only downside i could find with it is the hard to read and rather ugly fonts in the garmin 530..wish they could do something about that cause it somewhat degrades the rest of the razorsharp instruments.Otherwise...one can't but hope more quality stuff like this will find it's way to us.

Guest Staalplaat

Great nifty plane, isn't it?!About the diffucult to read fonts in the Garmin; these are solved rather simple. Just take a look at the Flight One forum at www.simforums.comYou'll find a solution for it.Regards, Lennart

My guess is you are using a setting higher than 1024 x 768.Dont worry, the soon to be released update will address this problem and a nice surprise with a significant increase in frame rates and much more.. :-jumpy Regards,Jim Rhoads

I am sitting here with my credit card in hand on a cable modem, literally thinking about getting this. I have two issues;I run an xp2100 512ram, XPSP1 about 19 fps locked no overclock.1. Frame rate: How much of the 2d stuff do I have to disable? How much of the VC do I have to disable? Can anyone answer these two questions terms of percentage (i.e. 50% of the VC panel instruments has to be shut off). I know that I am going to take a hugh hit on FPS as per the forums, but it is very hard to justify this purchase if I have to shut down the very things I purchased for! Yes, I know of the 'optimizer', but I dont know exactly what it will do.2. Return policy: yes I know it exist, but exactly how does it work? Do I have to wait months for the credit? ect... can anyone explain the exact steps?thanks

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Guest Moghdad

I can answer #2. The return was a snap. I emailed Flight1 and explained my situation, received a reply the next business day with instructions on what to do to obtain the refund (which just amounted to deleting all the files and promising not to use them), followed the instructions, and received a message the next day that the charges had been reversed. Couldn't have been easier. So you see, you have nothing to lose.

Guest sbdwag

I have a xp2100 with 512 megs of ram also.About turning things down. I have everything maxed out except mesh at 80 percent, water reflections off, shaded scenery, and default distance at 60 miles.I leave everything at that setting in FS2K2, What I do turn down is mip detail in properties. I run it a medium when Im flying the Meridian and Low if Im going to be flying into a lot of complex scenery. My frames using this method are smooth and although I Have my frame rate at 15fps I have turned it up and see anywhere from 18 to 28 in the VC.Framerates are somewhat of a issue but This is the only plane that I have been willing to compromise on that for. And besides theres always and Amd XP3000 333mhz cpu, Geforce 4600 and some 400Mhz sdram in the future as soon as the price comes down. You will be flying this plane in FSACOF I qaurantee it!Dennis

Guest sbdwag

One good thing about the New Flight1 wrapper is when they give a refund they are protected also. Even if you dont delete the Addon off of your system you will not be able to reinstall it again and I would guess any updates will not install either. Make it easier for a reputable business to be protected from someone trying to rip them off and also gives us a valid option.sbdwag