Sign in to follow this  
Guest higb007

Problems with a few procedures

Guest higb007

I have a few problems with procedures, the Start procedure is screwed up, When I request engine 4 and 3 to start packs 2,3 are turned off and engines 1,2, are started, then when I request engines 1,2 to start engines 1,2 are turned off and 4,3, start.During the intial climb out when i request autopilot on the FO does not engage an autopilot what is the probelm and how do I fix itAlso during approach, I cannot arm LOC or APP buttons on the MCP so I can't capture using the Autopilot, this really dtracts from the experience, and is there any way I can fix it>

Hi,Engine Start:All I can suggest is that you double check the Tutorial flight and make sure you're following it exactly as described.Also, be sure to watch this in-game engine start tutorial video:http://66.135.39.111/fs2crew/FS2Crew747Video1.zipSize: 30.5 MBFormat: WMVRunning Time: 8.20See if that helps. Also, be sure to go "slow" when pressing the Main Button. Slow and deliberate is the key. Autopilot/LOC and APP buttons:It could be:1. The PMDG itself is not configured correctly so these functions will not engage regardless. The test is try these functions in the VC cockpit. Is the Flight Director on?2. Something is intercepting the keypresses that FS2Crew uses to activate these functions. If the Squawkbox window, for example, is in focus it will intercept the keypress FS2Crew makes to activate APP/LOC, etc.3. Last possibility is that you have a keyboard conflict. Look at the keyboard assignments FS2Crew uses on Page 11 of the FS2Crew Main Ops manual. All the best,Bryan

Hi'During the intial climb out when i request autopilot on the FO does not engage an autopilot what is the probelm and how do I fix it'I am also having the above problem-could anybody suggest a solution.I have re installed 747 and fs2crew.Althought I follow the start up procedure as per instructions every time something does not work as per procedures.The auto pilot only came on about 2/20 times I ran fs2crew.Could the the FO be taking too long on turning the auto pilot to on?Qas

Hello Qas,If the FO is not turning on the autopilot when "commanded" it could be one of two things (remember you have to tell the FO to engage the autopilot).1. The FMC/aircraft is misconfigured so the autopilot would not engage regardless.2. You're running Squawkbox or another program that is intercepting the key press used by FS2Crew to activate the autopilot. If using Squawkbox, make sure the text window is not "in focus" or it will intercept the key presses FS2Crew sends to the aircraft to work the autopilot, etc.-Bryan

HiThanks for the reply and advise.I do not have squak box-don't even know what it is.I always run the fs2crew.setup before all flights.The problem is I think linked with the key assignments in the PMDG.I think if you assign a key in pmdg and fs2crew needs to use it than that function can not be activated by gs2crew.eg. I have the autopilot in pmdg menu assigned to the Z key-I think it should be left alone.I will remove the assignment from the PMDG menu over the weekned and let you know what happened.Qas