Sign in to follow this  
Guest FO

Purchase Decision Help (Bryan's input would be apprecia...

Guest FO

Bryan and fellow Pilots,I have no prior experience with FS2CREW however I have been aware of the product for a long time now. I have followed each release of FS2CREW and have always wondered what they would be like.I come to you now to seek some guidance as I am considering purchasing the PMDG747 version. I know that the majority of the individuals here already own the PMDG 747 version and I will receive a somewhat biased opinion, (not a bad thing by the way) but I believe the best information comes from people who know the program inside and out and use it regularly.My questions are listed below for ease of answering:1) The 747 is an advanced aircraft compared to classic aircrafts (eg. 727, 742) and has highly automated systems. Will FS2CREW greatly reduce my input into the aircraft and make me a spectator? (This is an extreme statement but you get the point I am trying to convey).2) Does FS2CREW 747 have the ability to generate random aircraft faults at random times? If so then what faults can the program trigger at random to spice up the experience and utilise the FO. As that

The PMDG 747 is an excellent product and you will not be dissapointed. I fly the real machine and I am impressed with the accuracy of systems replication as well as the degree of accuracy in handling and general operation. you will need to think about which simulator platform you are going to use, FS9 or FSX, as the PMDG 747 is specfic to each. It is not possible to purchase the PMDG 747 for FS9 and hope to upgrade it later on to FSX. FS2Crew does not turn you into a spectator, far from it. This aircraft was designed to be flown by 2 or more pilots. It brings a sense of realism into the sim experience. You still have to fly the aircraft and operate the FMC. There are also many things to do with respect to the operation of FS2Crew so you will be kept active. The pre departure procedure can be omitted if desired allowing you to get right down to it or you can speed up the countdown to where ever you like, from the default 40 min.FS2Crew does not generate random faults..this is within the PMDG model itself. The FO does not get invoved with system failures as there are just too many possibilites to model and because PMDG do not have SDK it is difficult to read the panel positions and events.If you make a mistake do not fear. Each most checklists and procedures can be redone. There is a certain degree of flexibility in the operation of it, however, this is not a general aviation aircraft. It is an airliner and as such has many SOP's (standard operating procedures) that are adhered to by the flight crew to ensure a standardised and consistent operation out on the line.The PMDG 747 and FS2Crew comnbination are currently the closest thing on the market that you will get to operating the real thing. I know because I follow the exact same procedures in the real world as have been modelled in FS2Crew.You wont be dissapointed.CheersSteve

Cheers

Steve Hall

Guest FO

Steve,Thank you for you excellent reply. My next question is where I should purchase FS2CREW 747 from?If I download directly from FS2CREW will I get a fully patched file or will I have to apply the patches myself? Also does the answer to the provious question change for purchases from other online stores.Cheers

FS2Crew "PMDG" 747 Edition is only available via download from the FS2Crew website.(However, the default FSX version is available via many stores).The main installer does not include the update. There is only one update, and it is cumulative. You would need to install that after installing the main program.Best regards,BryanFS2Crew

Do yourself a big favour and read the manual and do the tutorial flight. It makes it so much easier to get to grips with.CheersSteve

Cheers

Steve Hall

After about 3 or 4 flights you'll get the hang of it to the point where it all just clicks. It looks daunting at first but this passes.The left-to-right checklist philosophy in this version works so well.I can't go on enough how good this product is with TrackIR in VC mode and the stunning updated RR or PW soundset.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU