Sign in to follow this  
rwy12

Help me decide to buy the fs2crew for PMDG-please!!!

Hi AllI have read few of the reviews on the pmdg fs2crew and also seen the engine startup video.I must say I am impressed.Could somebody please tell me how interactive is the fs2crew for the duration of the flight-Are there any automatic announcements during flight-ie cabin crew informing captain of problems,events etc.Does the FO manage all the flaps,gear management automaticallyand on landing are flap settings managed by the FO etc.I have both fs passenger and fdc -would I be gaining anything bybuying fs2crew.Please help me spend my money!!!Qas

Hello Qas,Thank you for your interest.1. There is a random chance of Bird Strike, Air Rage or Sick passenger scenerio.2. FO (PNF) doesn't automatically extend/retract the flaps because that's not realistic. You have to command him to set the flaps and gear, etc. This is how it works in real-life.3. FS Passengers and FS2crew are very different products. They don't do the same thing. In fact, they compliment one another. A lot of people use them together.FS2Crew was custom made from scratch to work the the PMDG 747, so the level of detail is very high. Everything was coded to be 747 specific. Also, FS2Crew has a unique method that allows the FO to flip switches that he would otherwise never be able to switch.Pls remember that a huge percentage of the PMDG 747 is not accessible via published FSUIPC offsets, so FS2Crew has to use creative methods to get the job done. We use simulated mouse clicks for the FO.Hope that helps,Bryan

Hi Qas,If you would like to fly the PMDG 747 as close as possible to the real world then this is a must have....there is nothing else like it. I haven't heard anyone that has been dissapointed yet!CheersSteve

Cheers

Steve Hall

Hi GuysMany thanks for the information and advise-but I must say I am very disappointed with the advise-You should have told me not to buy the product and save the money for retirement!!!!Now I have to buy the fs2crew and get shouted by my wife-All being well I will be buying it tomorrow.Word of warning -please be prepared for alot of questions etc-as I can be very impatient when it comes reading manuals etc.Qas.

Hi Qas,I hate reading manuals too (trust me, no one is worse than me), but there is Quick Start Tutorial and tutorial videos available on the website. Please watch them. I wonder how many marriages I've broken up? hahahaChrs,Bryan

Qas you are lucky if it is just the purchase cost your wife will give you grief about. Mine is time. You know the suttle hints like....."are you still on that" or "I'm going to pull the plug out in a minute". HHHmmmm interesting point Bryan; does product liability extend to damages due to broken marriages because of overuse of Fs2Crew????? :)CheersStevePS. By the way I haven't been to LA for ages and could be a while yet, so I haven't been able to check my post box. :(CheersSteve

Cheers

Steve Hall

Hi GuysI did take the plunge and bought the fs2crew last night-My intial reaction is oh! what have I done because I have had a look at the manual-you see reading is not one of my favorite hobbies.But I am sure I will get through it .Steve I have set my pc in the garage -I can't hear the wife shouting...Ha Ha...!Qas