Sign in to follow this  
rwy12

FO does not switch landing lights Off

Hi all and seasonal greetingsThe FO does not switch the landing lights to off when the +10000ft alt. is reached.He does switch them on before takeoff.Everything else works OK with the pmdg fs2crew.Could somebody suggest a solution please!!Qas

Hi BryanYes I have installed the update-As you may recall from my past postsI have had few problems getting everything to work -I had to re-install both fs2crew and pmdg.qas.

The update on this is that if I skip the' pre start sequences' than the FO does switch the lights off at 10000.hopefully some one can suggest a solution.Qas

Hi Qas,Please confirm for me that during takeoff, the FO is turning the Landing Lights "on" (it's tied to the 2nd press of the Main Button with Takeoff Mode Active).The conditions are pretty simple for the landing lights to be toggled:FS2Crew must be activated and the altitude must be greater than 10,000 feet. That will 'toggle' the landing lights, so the landing lights must be 'on' in order for them to shutoff.Chrs,Bryan

Hi BryanThanks for taking time to help.THe FO does switch the landing lights ON at takeoff.Only on one occasion the FO switched the lights OFF and that was at a height of about 20,000ft.Looking forward to your help.Qas

Hi Qas,With the latest FS2Crew PMDG 747 Update installed, the landing lights are handled not via simulated keypresses, but rather directly through the Toggle Lights Event defined in the MSFS Panels/Gauges SDK.I'm afraid I can't explain why the FO is not turning off the landing lights for you.The code that handing the landing lights is dead simple: When altitude is greater than 10,000 feet barometric, toggle landing lights.I can't explain why your FO is not turning the lights off for you (or why he would turn them off at 20,000 feet, not 10K).Does the FO turn the landing lights back on during the descent at 10K?Chrs,Bryan