Sign in to follow this  
MSW

Just Tried FS2C for the 747/ Have one minor question

I tried it twice and love it like the other ones I got (737, ATR, 767). One thing I could not get to work was not on FS2C but on the PMDG 747 FMC. On the Des Forecast Page when I tried to change the transition altitude to 14000 (tutorial Korea to Japan) from 18000 the FMC would never accept the input saying it was invalid. Tried inputing FL140 and 14000 but it always said that it was invalid. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. Please help. Thanks.Great addon!Mike

Guest Sean Reeder

I had that problem as well as not being able to select approach on the MCP. The audio arming approach would play but i couldnt actually arm approach.

Hi Mike,Double check the PMDG FMC manuals. I can enter 14,000 at the TL in the FMC. Not sure why you can't.Sean: If you can't arm Approach, make sure you key assignments are setup properly and make sure the 747 itself is setup correctly.If you think it should be arminging, and it's not, go into the VC try arming APP there.Chrs,Bryan

Guest _MSW_

I looked at the manual and all it says is that you can input the transition altitude on that page. It doesn't get into anymore detail than that.Mike

Hi Mike,On the Flight Planning Page you should enter 14,000 for the TA and TL (the TA/TL for Korea/Japan).It's also mentioned in the Tutorial Flight manual in the following sections: ("Pre-Flight Events", Paragraph 6 and "Cruise to Descent Checklist", Paragraph 4) when to set TA and TL in the FMC. For the TL in the descent, you should enter 14000 in the FMC's VNAV Descent Forecast Page.Chrs,Bryan

Guest _MSW_

Thanks Bryan! I will try your suggestions tonight after work to see how it works. I had not thought to look in the tutorial. I appreciate your assistance.Love your products.Mike

Another question just came up. On the flight planner FP, what is the assumed temperature? On mine, the range only goes from 30 to 60. What degrees is this and if it is hotter or colder than 30 to 60 what do you do?Mike